Teradata Database connection in UiPath

Hi All,

Can you please let me know the steps to connect to TeradataDB through UiPath.
I have the below parameters with me:
1.Server Name
2.DataBase Name
3.UserId
4.Password
but when I tried to configure Connect activity, I am not sure what to fill in “Provider Name”.
Do I need to install any Teradata DB specific Driver?If yes, In which path we have to install that? Do I need to create any DSN for the same?
Please help me.

Thanks In Advance,
Spandana

First, configure the connection to Teradata

If you have not already, first specify connection properties in an ODBC DSN (data source name). This is the last step of the driver installation. You can use the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator to create and configure ODBC DSNs.

• User : Set this to the username of a Teradata user.
  • Password : Set this to the password of the Teradata user.
  • DataSource : Specify the Teradata server name, DBC Name, or TDPID.
  • Port : Specify the port the server is running on.
  • Database : Specify the database name. If not specified, the default database is used.

Now connect UiPath Studio

1. From the Start page, click Blank to create a New Project.
  2. Click Manage Packages then search for and install UiPath.Database.Activities.
  3. Navigate to the Activities and drop a Flowchart (Workflow → Flowchart → Flowchart) onto the process.
  4. Drop a database Connect activity (App Integration → Datbase → Connect) after the Start activity.
  5. Double-click the Connect activity and configure the Connection.
    1. Click the Connection Wizard
    1. Select “Microsoft ODBC Data Source”
    1. In Connection Properties, select your DSN (CData Teradata Source) and click OK.
  1. To store Connection info, create a variable and bind to Output in the Properties section. Choose DatabaseConnection in Output.

Create Execute Query
With the connection configured, we are ready to query Teradata data in our RPA.

1. From the Activities navigation, select Execute Query and drop it on the Flowchart.
  2. Double-click the Execute Query activity and set the properties as follows:
  • ExistingDbConnection : Your Connection variable
  • Sql : SELECT statement like SELECT ProductId, ProductName FROM NorthwindProducts WHERE CategoryId = 5
  • DataTable : Create and use a variable with the Type System.Data.DataTable.

If you want to learn more about how to execute Teradata and how it works, then go for Teradata Online Training.