Studio Crashes

UiPath studio crashes when you try to disable an entire state within a state machine.

Hi @zspilman,
Can you give us more details like screenshot of the error and details. Additionally please check what is showing event viewer in relation to this error. This will help us to track what’s going on.

Just to let you know. You can grab those screenshots and send us feedback with issue directly from Studio using Send Feedback functionality in upper right corner.

I reported it within uipath. I have recreated this issue many times and it fails every time. There is no mention of it in the event viewer

Can you paste here the whole text displayed in “Details”?

sure,

Error: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: item
at System.Activities.Statements.Sequence.<>c.<get_Activities>b__8_0(Activity item)
at System.Runtime.Collections.ValidatingCollection1.OnAdd(T item) at System.Runtime.Collections.ValidatingCollection1.InsertItem(Int32 index, T item)
at System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1.Add(T item)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.EnableDisableRefactoringCore.DisableActivity(ModelItem activityModel)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.WorkflowHandling.DesignerWrapper.DisableActivityExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.CommandBinding.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.ExecuteCommandBinding(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e, CommandBinding commandBinding)
at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(CommandBindingCollection commandBindings, Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)
at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)
at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnExecutedThunk(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.ExecutedRoutedEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
at System.Windows.Input.RoutedCommand.ExecuteImpl(Object parameter, IInputElement target, Boolean userInitiated)
at System.Windows.Input.RoutedCommand.ExecuteCore(Object parameter, IInputElement target, Boolean userInitiated)
at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2147467261

I tried to reproduce this issue but it’s working properly for me. Are you able to share this project so I could check it?

Main.xaml (6.1 KB)

Sure, all i did was create a new process add a state machine, a state and a final state and tried to disable the state.

I have tried it on three different machines that have studio installed, i got the same error on each if them.

Thank you very much. Indeed seems that it’s a bug. I reported it to proper team. Seems that inside state machine there is something which makes you unable to disable any state inside.

2 Likes

Cool. Glad i can help make this product better!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.