SMTP Issue

Hi,

I am not able to send email using SMTP Activity.
Screenshot of activity.

Capture

Error faced is

RemoteException wrapping System.InvalidOperationException: No recipients have been specified.
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.SendMailActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context,
IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context,
IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor,
BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

“Name”: “Send SMTP Mail Message”,
“Id”: “1.2”,
“InstanceId”: “3”,
“TypeName”: “UiPath.Mail.SMTP.Activities.SendMail”

Are you passing the to address of the receiver?

@HareeshMR

Yes! I am passing the To address via Input Dialog.

Regards,

Manish

can you check if it is passing null value to the activity? I hope it is missing the value

@HareeshMR

As I can see that it passes everything as I have configured.

Kindly find the screenshot.

Thanks

Have u tried host 587 and server “smtp.gmail.com”?

first you can type the mail addresss , try to , TO : xxxx@gmail.com

if mail it`s ok. the problem is your server and port

Next, you can try Logon password …the password is server your mail server password ,

Do not your mail login password.

have fun

@tranthao240495

It is not gmail. It is my official email id and server … used.
Since it is secured so I had to use 465.

Please advice

Thanks

@dogebi

I am using my official email id.
As soon as I changed from variable to actual email id, it worked. Also I had attached a file. That too was not working.
So as soon as I directly enter my official email id in TO, and do not attach anything. It works fine. Why ?
I want that I use the variable instead and also attach a file.

Please advise.

Thanks

u wanna attach file ? you can click , attach your file .

if you still error , let`t me see your error message.

thx

@dogebi

Gr8!
It worked.
Now only issue is that if I mentioned in TO - xxx@xxx.com, it works but if I go with variable, it does not work.

Thanks

@dogebi

As I mentioned earlier, if I mention variable in TO, I receive following error

RemoteException wrapping System.InvalidOperationException: No recipients have been specified.
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.SendMailActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context,
IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context,
IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor,

Kindly find the screenshot of error received

pls, check the your password , The password is mail server password ,DO NOT mail login id/password

@dogebi

I have input email id and its respective password. I do not have / know mail server password. How to get it. Which is that password ?

Thanks

first , login you mail web page , find STMP , mail password , i guess maybe same the your mail ID/PW

if your mail is office mail , your can check the office SMTP server , the find password.

good luck

@manishpchawda
Try this buddy,its working for me.
Changed the addresses bcz of security ,if outlook use port number 25 and server address request from IT admin.SMTP Email Validation.xaml (4.1 KB)

@RajeshT

I had previously tried it and is working fine. My problem is that instead of directly entering Email ID, I was using variable, at that time it gives error. I have input box wherein I give any email id which is stored in variable and that variable I mentioned in TO of SMTP.

Please advise why variable is not working. ?

Thanks

Which error you are getting?
If am saving the mail id in variable(String) also working.
Mail ID --String--"test@gmail.com"

@manishpchawda Can you share the screenshot of the error message

@RajeshT

I have attached the excerpts of my workflow with error being flashed while testing the activity.

=======================
IAsyncResult result)
IAsyncResult result)

Capture Capture-1 Capture-2

Kindly advise

Thanks