Could you please advise where to look into for troubleshooting? Trying to connect to SAP BAPI, have a SAP technical user, test connection works ok, user has all required authorizations, same user was used for BAPI connection thru LogicApps, but in UiPath it gives as exception:
“RemoteException wrapping SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcCommunicationException: 00024error during logon.
RETURN CODE: 18”
It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.
First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.
You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:
Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the icon for that.
Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.
Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.
Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:
Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.
Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.
Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.
Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!
Cheers from your friendly
Any ideas here?
RC = Return Code
RFC_RC 18 = RFC_NOT_SUPPORTED, the operation is not supported on that handle.
This is a rather rare error that I have never encountered.
CPIC 00024 = CM_PROGRAM_PARAMETER_CHECK (SAP Note 63347)
Maybe a parameter is invalid or passed in the wrong format?
Thanks. looking into that.
Here is some more details that may help to understand the issue:
- The connection between UiPath and SAP works ok. We can get structure of BAPI with onputs and outputs (see the screenshot 1)
- It is possible to replicate the error (RFC_RC:18) on SAP Application Scope (Test Connection button) if you leave password field blank (see the screenshot 2). Connection test responds with green (successful) result if password is provided correctly.
So, there are a few questions:
- As it seems that password is not passed to Nco Connection is there a way to “hardcode” it somewhere within the code or make sure it is definitely provided in Invoke SAP BAPI step?
- RFC_RC 18 – where did you find those descriptions? Is it part of Nco documentation?
do you send the password as secure string?
(new System.Net.NetworkCredential("", "YourPassword")).SecurePassword
This is a difference between the input in the dialog and in the properties.
to your questions:
- You have to enter the password manually in the properties. Some time ago I suggested to do this automatically.
- Nope, the RFC Return Codes are part of the SAPNWRFC SDK header file. Search with Google for
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.