Replace Column one Excel to another Excel

Hi,

I have 2 excel file (Old, New). Old file have Name, Address, PhoneNumber New file have Name, Address. Now i want delete old file column Name and Address then add New file Name address.
Regards

@MD_Farhan1

Assign activity: oldDataTable = (From rowOld In oldDataTable.AsEnumerable()
                                Join rowNew In newDataTable.AsEnumerable()
                                On rowOld("Name").ToString() Equals rowNew("Name").ToString() And rowOld("Address").ToString() Equals rowNew("Address").ToString()
                                Select oldDataTable.Clone().Rows.Add(rowNew("Name"), rowNew("Address"), rowNew("Department"))).CopyToDataTable()

Hi @MD_Farhan1

If possible share sample data of both excels and output.

Regards

Hi @MD_Farhan1

Use copy paste range activity
This is to copy toin the same excel with 2 sheets

If you have 2 excel files then use 2 use excels and reference as Excel and Excel1 as below

Hope it helps!!

i have so many columns . without mention column name is possible?

Hi @MD_Farhan1

Can you try the below way

OldFile:

NewFile:

Output:

Cheers!!

@MD_Farhan1

You Have to mention column names

i got error
Screenshot 2024-01-16 155431

Argument ‘SourceRange’: BC30451: ‘dynamic_profit_report_13012024’ is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. Variable ‘SourceRange’ is missing. Please use Data Manager to recreate it.

@MD_Farhan1

Can you please confirm are you initialized the ref name in below highlighted image

1 Like

@MD_Farhan1

Don’t give the excel path, please look into below image carefully what i am tried

During Execution open second Excel file that time Excel -No Respond .
Execute too much time then show this error:

Copy/Paste Range: The RPC server is unavailable. (0x800706BA)

@MD_Farhan1

In Excel Process Scope activity Properties Mark Show Excel Window as False

or try to set a delay of 3 seconds between two activities.
You can try it once too. :slight_smile:

Hi @MD_Farhan1

Can you try the below linq query:

dtOld = (From rowOld In dtOld.AsEnumerable()
            Join rowNew In dtNew.AsEnumerable()
            On rowOld("Name").ToString() Equals rowNew("Name").ToString() And rowOld("Address").ToString() Equals rowNew("Address").ToString()
            Select dtOld.Clone().Rows.Add({rowNew("Name"), rowNew("Address"), rowNew("Department")})).CopyToDataTable()

Regards

give me full steps please.

this method also take more time to execute…

→ Read Range both the excels.
Old Excel File-> Output-> dtOld
New Excel File-> Output-> dtNew

Use the given query:

dtOld = (From rowOld In dtOld.AsEnumerable()
            Select dtNew.Clone().Rows.Add({rowNew("Name"), rowNew("Address"), rowNew("Department")})).CopyToDataTable()

Write Range dtOld to new excel.

Regards

@MD_Farhan1

For Each rowOld As DataRow In oldDataTable.Rows
    Dim matchingRows As DataRow() = newDataTable.Select("Name = '" & rowOld("Name").ToString() & "' AND Address = '" & rowOld("Address").ToString() & "'")

If matchingRows.Length > 0 Then
        ' Update existing row in oldDataTable with columns from matching row in newDataTable
        For Each column As DataColumn In newDataTable.Columns
            If Not oldDataTable.Columns.Contains(column.ColumnName) Then
                oldDataTable.Columns.Add(New DataColumn(column.ColumnName, column.DataType))
            End If

rowOld(column.ColumnName) = matchingRows(0)(column.ColumnName)
        Next
    End If
Next

Input 1

Input2
Output

In this you don’t need to mention the column names

Hope it helps

i got error :Cannot assign from type ‘System.Object’ to type ‘System.Data.DataTable’ in Assign activity ‘Assign’.

Hi @MD_Farhan1

Delete the assign activity and reassign the query and there is a small correction. Please use the below code:

dtOld= (From rowOld In dtOld.AsEnumerable()
            Select dtNew.Clone().Rows.Add({rowNew("Name"), rowNew("Address"), rowNew("Department")})).CopyToDataTable()

Regards

but you mention column name right.
Dim matchingRows As DataRow() = newDataTable.Select(“Name = '” & rowOld(“Name”).ToString() & “’ AND Address = '” & rowOld(“Address”).ToString() & “'”)