RemoteException wrapping System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component

Hi all,

This is my first hands-on on Ui Path Studio. I started implementing the same project which is available on RPA starter course. When I am using Text Scraping on Image.
It is throwing below error.
RemoteException wrapping System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Can someone please help on this.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi
Welcome to uipath community
No worries
Kindly use Internet Explorer as a browser type
And try once with other methods of data fetching like COMPUTER VISION or SCREEN SCRAPPING method from design tab of studio

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.uipath.com/kb-articles/how-to-use-screen-scraping-the-basics%3Fhs_amp%3Dtrue

Or if still the issue persists
Kindly uninstall .net framework and reinstall it
Restart the machine and try once

Hope this would help you
Kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @Dheeraj_S1

@Dheeraj_S1

May I know what activity are you using to do that?

You can use OCR engines or Computer Vision activities to read text from images.

Hi
Welcome to uipath community

May I know how that application was launched and at which activity we are getting this error

Cheers @Sekhar_Babu

ui path tool is 64 bit and my application is 34 bit . may be the reason?

Or like that buddy
If the activity we want to use is not within any ATTACH WINDOW activity or if the selector is not valid or if the Simulate click property not enabled when using type into or click activity

We need to check for any reasons out of these
@Sekhar_Babu

Can I have screenshot of the sequence of activities used and the place where this error occurs
@Sekhar_Babu

Fine
Did we try with START PROCESS. Where we can pass the filepath of that application exe file to the property FileName

Cheers @Sekhar_Babu

Hi Dheeraj,

Were you able to resolve the issue, asking since i am facing the same issue

Hi @Shammy_Isaac_Varghese @Dheeraj_S1,

were you able to resolve the issue even am facing same.

I have read data from excel sheet and tried to search that data in browser

Hello,
I am facing same error while doing screen scraping in WINSCP in unattended mode only. But not every time. Some time have that error, sometime run is success.
Can you provide me any solution for this issue.
I have already uploaded img of the error.