Regex to get date

While I’m extracting the data from web
It’s getting both text and date format so how can i get only date in it

Input :This one validates 23/09/2023 24/09/2023

I need only first date how can i do that

Hi,

Can you try the following expression?

System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(yourString,"\b\d{2}/\d{2}/\d{4}\b").Value

Regards,

Hi @Swathi_Raju

Try this regex:

strinput= "This one validates 23/09/2023 24/09/2023"
output= System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(strinput,"\d+\/\d+\/\d+(?=\s)").Value

Hope it helps!!

Hi @Swathi_Raju

If your input is “This one validates 23/09/2023”. You can use the data manipulation for this.

- Assign -> Input = "This one validates 23/09/2023"
- Assign -> Output = Input.Split(" ").Last

The Output is String Variable which gives you the date from the Input data.

Hope it helps!!

HI @Swathi_Raju

you can try this also

Thanks everyone it’s working

2 Likes

Hi,

Use assign activity and in the value field you can use the following expression to extract the first date from your input string

System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(yourInputString, “\d{2}/\d{2}/\d{4}”).Value

Hi @Swathi_Raju

If you find solution for your query please mark it as solution to close the loop.

Happy Automation

Regards,

Your solution it’s not working sometimes its getting the different formats of dates
Input=
“This one validates 23/09/2023 24/09/2023”
“This one validates 23-09-2023 24-09-2023”
“This one validates 23.09.2023 24.09.2023”

Like this I have seen the variations

Can you help on this @Parvathy

HI,

Can you try the following expression?

System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(yourString,"\b\d{2}\W\d{2}\W\d{4}\b").Value

Regards,

HI @Swathi_Raju

System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(“This one validates 23-09-2023 24-09-2023”,“[0-9\/-.]+(?=\s)”).Value.Trim

your input date format has anything it will match all the first date

System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match("This one validates 23-09-2023 24-09-2023","[0-9\\\/\-.]+(?=\s)").Value.Trim

Thank it’s worked both
@Yoichi @Praveen_Mudhiraj

Hey @Swathi_Raju

I know you got your answer already, but I wouldn’t be myself if I didn’t advertise a new activity :slight_smile:

Starting from System 23.10.0-preview, you can use the Extract Date and Time from Text activity, which does the above quite quickly:

Here is the project in Studio Desktop:
ExtractDateAndTimeFromTextExample.zip (2.5 KB)

And one for Studio Web :slight_smile:
Extract Date and Time from Text Example.uip (2.5 KB)

Obviously, a note here is that those will be extracted directly as a DateTime variable, instead of raw text.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.