Regex not working in UiPath; regex works on regex builder websites

I have the following sample data:

I am trying to use System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(testStr,“(^-?\d{1,9}.\d{1}$)”,testStr+“0”) to format the data to have two digits after the decimal for any items in the test data that only have one digit after the decimal. I have tried different version of the regex matching string (^-?\d+[.]\d{1}$), etc. None of these appear to match and I’m kind of at a loss as to why this isn’t working. I have tried using String.Format(testStr,“0.00”) to use the built-in formatting for this but this doesn’t work in UiPath no matter what I tried.

Any help with either option would help. Thanks!

@tim.r.spicer

welcome to the forum

have a look on these statements
String.Format(“{0:0.00}”, 1/3) returning 0.33
String.Format(“{0:0.00}”, CDbl(“-1.2”)) returning -1.20

Hi,

I suppose String.Format is better way as @ppr suggests, but if you want to use Regex for some reason the following expression helps you.

System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(testStr,"^-?\d+").Value+"."+System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(testStr+"00","((?<=\.)\d{2}|\d{2}$)").Value

Regards,

The second option worked for me for the most part. I’m getting some incorrect conversions on data though (converting from 166758.06 to 166758.10).

@tim.r.spicer
I did a test at my end, but cannot confirm. It was formatted as expected
grafik

Can you recheck at your end?

Well, it is working in every case, now. Maybe I hallucinated last night? Thanks for the support!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.