reading header name of columns and validating it

@Jebarohith19
you screenshot is not giving all details on the issue that you are facing
But definitively you are not passing datatable vars.

The first Excel application Scope activity can output a WorkbookApplication variable. And this can be used on other by setting it under the ExistingWorkBook section (it is similar as it is done with AttachBrowser and Browser Variables)

i have given the existing datatable variable only

can you share your xaml?

@Jebarohith19_Solution.xaml (11.1 KB)
so how to add color to the fail status in excel that particular cell too

have a look to the annotations comments as well
@Jebarohith19_Solution_V2.xaml (13.2 KB)

Thanks @ppr ill try

after invoking the workflow (as u told in the comments) there are two arguments out_column and in_index wha should i give here

@Jebarohith19

• let assume you want to color mark the cell c int the first row so range would be C1
  • when you iterate over the columns you have the idx variable from for each activity indicating which column position is currently checked
  • e.g for 3rd column the idx would be 2 as it is a zero based index

in such a scenario in_index = idx +1
you will assign out_column to a local variable lets call it ColumnLetter

then the range can caculated by Range = ColumnLetter + β€œ:1” (Assumption you are dealing with the first row

coloring will be done when it satisfies a condition (a cell which doesnt satisy the columnName) so in that case columnLetter+β€œ:1” changes?

didnt get you

columnletter +β€œ:1” changes for every row?
because u said assumption for first row
ps:it is my first time with these column indexes so getting more doubts sorry for that

I can suggest you to start with small steps to get it running then enhance it
the row that you want to highlight is under your control. if it is the first row then it is 1 . I dont know your requirements you will do. However I would suggest start with highlighting the cell from first row just get in touch with the implementation

okay @ppr thanks ill try going with the flow and when i get the answer ill mark it as a solution

if you would share with me

• the excel, that should be checked
  • the current XAML
  • the information on which datatype the column datatype should be checked

then also I could give you another type of support.Its up to you which level of support you want to have

copy.xlsx (8.6 KB) @Jebarohith19_Solution_V2.xaml (13.9 KB)
3.if the column name and the array doesnt match we should colour that particular cell in the excel
@ppr

as u can see columnName β€œaddress” is nt getting yellow instead it is yellow in c1
((columnLetter+idx) in range of setcolor range)

@Jebarohith19
please give me some time. I will have a deeper look on it during my liunch break. There some conceptual issues to solve. higlighting the entire column is not complicated

yes sure @ppr take ur time solve it in ur freetime thanks in advance

@Jebarohith19
please rewire the path to excel and to the invoked xaml in this xaml before execution
@Jebarohith19_Solution_V3.xaml (18.1 KB)

letme try and post u
one thing i find here is while checking for datatypes is we have to check each column for the datatypes(1st column should be string 2nd column should be alphanumeric like that)