Reading graphs

Hey All,

Question for you all…

I’m doing some requirement gathering on a personal RPA project. I’m looking to scrape some information off a dynamic chart (stocks) found on a web based application. Does anyone know how this can be achieved?

Thanks!

Hi
I think we can integrate any third party application to read the data from a graph as there is no specific activity to read the data from graph
May be I might have missed any and if so kindly correct me
cheers @Jarzzz

1 Like

I guess every chart will have its specifics, if all you got is like an image and not real data, might be hard to grab, unless you really want to store those charts…

I’m trying to find a way to analyze historical values and make decisions based on that

I know what you both are saying, probably cant be done with default activities just wondering if anyone knows of an activity that can achieve this

Then i guess you will need to analyze those web applications to see if the data behind the charts are available to recover…

Yaaa looking into it now

Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ill update the thread as I find things =)

Thanks @bcorrea @Palaniyappan

Update…

After determining what data I would want to use in my conditional statements I found the best place to find this information is on Yahoo Finance Historical Data Tab. I’ll Scrape the Data from this table and calculate accordingly. Thanks all!

2 Likes

There are some websites which don’t have the historical tab option…I have a client whose requirement is to fetch the data directly from the graph as the website they are using doesn’t have the option of a Historical data tab.

Does your client have an API you can use?