Reading empty sheet throwing exception

Hi Everyone

When i try to read a sheet which is existing , how empty(having no data) causing exception object instance not set

Thanks in advance

Hi @kavya.s16 ,

Could you be a bit more specific?
I understand that you are running into an error since the object hasn’t been set to an instance, but could you please share some screenshots and some more detail so that we can help you out?

Kind Regards,
Ashwin A.K

sorry @ashwin.ashok wont be able to screenshot as its client data , but yeah the issue is while reading empty sheet (i.,e sheet name is present (eg:sheet3)) which has no rows or headers , read range is throwing exception

Hi @kavya.s16 ,

If the Sheet in Excel is Empty and you have used Workbook Read Range Activity, then it will throw out the Error.

If this is a Scenario that you come across, then we can use Excel Application Scope Read Range, In this case, there is no error being thrown out.

Yep, totally agree with @supermanPunch ,

But then that leads us to another question, which is why are you reading an empty sheet?
Ideally, it must contain data, because even if you manage to read the data, which is null, there isn’t much you can do with it now can you?

Kind Regards,
Ashwin A.K

Thanku it worked

bcoz in my case according to some date calculations i am entering data to new sheet , so if no data from calculations , then sheet becomes empty

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.