Reading Date of Birth on scanned PDF

I am trying to read a date of birth from a scanned PDF. The PDF is clear(not blurry) but its just a bit slanted. I am using GET OCR text. For example, if the date is 17DEC1997, everything is read fine except for the “D” part of it. It gets read as 0, so it will be 170EC1997. Is there a way to fix this? I am using GoogleOCR. I have tried the other OCR engines but they don’t work.

Thanks!

Have you tried scaling -

• Scale - The scaling factor of the selected UI element or image. The higher the number is, the more you enlarge the image. This can provide a better OCR read and it is recommended with small images. If you want to scale down, values between 0 and 1 are also accepted. By default, the value is 1.

And make sure you are setting the PDF document to its Actual size.

3 Likes

Would it make a difference if I do this rather than me already zooming in on the PDF first and then trying to read it?

Edit: Actually tried it and it didn’t work when the PDF was the original size but when I zoomed in and used scaling, it worked!

Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.