Read Range - Workbook Does

Hi,

I am new to UIpath and currently doing the certification. I am getting “READ RANGE - Workbook doesn’t exist” error in one of the exercises.
I am saving the excel attachment from outlook and enter the values from excel sheet to the website. It stops me while reading the range. Looks everything fine for me, however I am unable to fix the issue. Can anyone help me to fix the issue.

Regards,
Alwin

Hi,

Can you try to save these files to file system using SaveAttachments activity as the following.

Regards,

Hi Yochi,

Thanks for looking into the issue. I saved the attachment as Data Label and mapped them.

Regards,
Alwin

Hi,

Can you elaborate about your expected output?

Regards,

Process Description: Build a process which downloads an Excel attachment from an email, extracts the data from the file and enters it into an online form. More details please check the link below
https://academy.uipath.com/learningpath/get-started-with-rpa-development

Hi,

What is your issue? It seems you can read data as datatable from excel file using ReadRange activity.

Regards,

Yes correct. It pops up the error while reading the range and says “Work book doesn’t exist”

hi @allwynbazil
Please make sure that excel file is present in your system , the above error signifies that workbook is not present

try downloading it once again and please provide the full filepath

Also by above post i can see you are saving the attachment from mail ,
so make sure you store in proper folder so you can pass same file path in read range

Hi,

Can you check my first post?

First, save Attachment to filesystem using SaveAttachments activity. It outputs list of file path of attachments. (lets say attchmentPathList)

Then Read Range using the variable as the above image in my first post.

Regards,

Hi @allwynbazil,

Try printing the file name in a message box and see what is the output.

thanks

Hi Yochi,

I tried as you suggested and am still getting the error. this time it says the work path to be set. I provided the path as well.

Regards,
Alwin

Hi,

Can you try to run debug mode? The workflow will stop there due to exception, then can you check content of attachmentList at Local Panel(There is at top-left side)?

Regards,

Yes it shows workbook path is null. Am I using the correct type for attachment as output?

Hi,

Can you check if the mail has attachment? We can check it at Locals panel.

Regards,

It seems the file is not downloaded. Do I need to use “Wait to Download”?

Regards,
Alwin

Hi,

Do I need to use “Wait to Download”?

No, you don’t need. First, can you check count of attachments in the mailmessage using the following expression with MessageBox or WrteLine actiivty just before SaveAttachemnts activity?

MailMessage(0).Attachments.Count.ToString

Regards,

Please check the screenshot below.

Hi,

Thank you. It seems no problem. Next can you share screenshot of properties panel of SaveAttachments activity?

Regards,

Thanks for your time on looking into this.

Hi,

Can you try to clear Filter property?

Regards,