Read Range Error for only some excel files...?

Hello!

I’m building a bot right now that uses the “read range” activity for a datatable in excel. It is working from some excel files but not others. See below for the error. Could someone read this and let me know what is causing this error? Thank you!

18.4.5+Branch.support/v2018.4.Sha.2a53a262e2c1098055c3ecbdabe73d45e0a6dc29

Source: Read Range

Exception Type: System.IndexOutOfRangeException

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at ClosedXML.Excel.XLWorkbook.IsColReference(String sheetArea) in C:\Projects\ClosedXML\ClosedXML\Excel\XLWorkbook_Load.cs:line 1006
at ClosedXML.Excel.XLWorkbook.SetColumnsOrRowsToRepeat(String area) in C:\Projects\ClosedXML\ClosedXML\Excel\XLWorkbook_Load.cs:line 1001
at ClosedXML.Excel.XLWorkbook.LoadPrintTitles(DefinedName definedName) in C:\Projects\ClosedXML\ClosedXML\Excel\XLWorkbook_Load.cs:line 984
at ClosedXML.Excel.XLWorkbook.LoadDefinedNames(Workbook workbook) in C:\Projects\ClosedXML\ClosedXML\Excel\XLWorkbook_Load.cs:line 952
at ClosedXML.Excel.XLWorkbook.LoadSpreadsheetDocument(SpreadsheetDocument dSpreadsheet) in C:\Projects\ClosedXML\ClosedXML\Excel\XLWorkbook_Load.cs:line 411
at ClosedXML.Excel.XLWorkbook.LoadSheets(String fileName) in C:\Projects\ClosedXML\ClosedXML\Excel\XLWorkbook_Load.cs:line 45
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookFile…ctor(String workbookPath, String password, Boolean createNew)
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.WorkbookActivity1.ConstructWorkbook(String path, String password, Boolean createNew) at UiPath.Excel.Activities.WorkbookActivity1.BeginExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

@Kylealden15

Can you share some sample excel which is throwing you error?

As per your posted error, The range is not correct, can you check that

Thanks

@Srini84 I was able to clean up the data and now I have 2 excel files, one that works when I run it and one that does not. I’ve also attached the UiPath file as well so you could take a look at that.

I’m failing at the step inside “copies each new picture” sequence at the first read range activity.

Would greatly appreciate any help here.

Failing file.xlsx (725.2 KB) Working file.xlsx (137.1 KB)
Main.xaml (35.9 KB)

@Srini84 Hey! Were you able to look into this at all? If not that’s ok too!

@Kylealden15

Hello,

As i didn’t see any reply from you since long time, so i thought the issue was closed, Any way, the flow is asking for some ppt file, so can you share me that file too, so that i can check and get back to you

Thanks

@Srini84 here is a ppt file that I just tested the bot on my end and it does work with the “working file” that I have provide above. Thank you so much for the help!

test PPT.zip (69.8 KB)