Range into single column

I have a problem where I want to read a range like, A1:F1 and then write that data into column A only, so A1-A6.
I feel like it should be fairly easy to do but I have been scratching my head trying to solve this problem for longer that I care to admit.
If someone could please help and enlighten me, that would be great!

Data:

Result I want to achieve:

1 Like

Hi,

If you can use custom activity, there are some activity which support DataTable transpose.

If you cannot use custom activity, the following might helps you. It’s a sample for it with string manipulation.

Sample20200623-1.zip (22.3 KB)

Regards,

3 Likes

Thank you for the quick and helpful response.

I used the string manipulation example and it works like a charm!
If it is not too much to ask, how does it work and how can I learn more about it? Looking at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(text,β€œ^.*\n”,β€œβ€).Replace(β€œ,”,vbcrlf) does not really say anything to me but I would like to learn more so I understand what is going on.

Once again, thank you so much

1 Like

Hi,

how does it work and how can I learn more about it?

Hope the following helps you.

OutputDataTable outputs the following string.

Column0,Column1,Column2,Column3,Column4,Column5

First, remove the first line using System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(text,"^.*\n","").

It will be as the following.

Then replace comma to linebreak using Replace(",",vbcrlf)

It will be as the following.

Finally, we can get datatable from the text as csv using GenrateDataTable.

Note: If data contains comma, we need choose another approach

Regards,

1 Like

Thank you once again for the quick and informative response.
It is still a bit confusing but I think I am catching on. The only thing I would like to know a bit more about is how and what Regex is used and knowing what symbols to use, but I may be able to find the material of that on my own.
Thank you for the explanation and help once again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.