Python scope is running endlessly

Hi,
I have installed python 3.11.4 and my UiPath studio version is 2023.4.1 The python activity is just running endlessly and is not doing anything. I need to stop it to stop the execution.

Hi @Archita_Shree

Did you try to run the script separately in python environment?
I too had some troubles before and hence used python3.9, it worked like a charm.

Thanks

Happy Automation!

Yes the script works fine in python env. Shall I downgrade python version to 3.9?

Yes that has worked for me so far.

Hi, I downgraded Python to version 3.9. It is still the same issue. Script is running fine from command prompt.

Probably need to look at the script and what its working with.
If its a long Data source, it might be taking time to execute, not sure on it.

this is the path I have defined.
DSignHRGeneralLettersTemplate.zip (78.0 KB)
attached is the code

Hi These were the fields that I populated:

Here Path: “C:\Users\aditya.jain\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39”
and WorkingFolder : “C:\Users\aditya.jain\Documents\UiPath\PyProject”

If the Python activity in UiPath Studio is running endlessly and not producing any output, there are a few steps you can take to stop the execution:

1. Check for Errors: Look for any error messages or exceptions in the UiPath Studio output or logs. If there are any error messages, they can provide insights into the issue and help you troubleshoot it.
  2. Check Python Installation: Ensure that Python 3.11.4 is correctly installed on your system. You can open a command prompt or terminal and type python --version to verify the Python version. Also, ensure that the necessary Python libraries or dependencies required for your script are installed.
  3. Review Python Script: Review your Python script for any potential issues. Check if there are any infinite loops, long-running processes, or blocking operations that could cause the script to run endlessly. Make sure your script is written to provide the expected output or results.
  4. Check Input/Output: Verify the input provided to the Python activity and ensure it is correctly formatted and compatible with your script’s requirements. Additionally, check if the Python activity is configured correctly to receive and handle the output from the script.
  5. Terminate Execution: If the Python activity is unresponsive or stuck in an endless loop, you can try terminating the execution in UiPath Studio. You can click on the “Stop” button or use the “Stop” option in the UiPath Studio menu to halt the execution.
  6. Debugging: If you are unable to identify the issue causing the endless execution, you can consider adding logging statements or breakpoints in your Python script to help debug the problem. You can also use print statements to output intermediate results or debug information to the UiPath Studio output.
  7. Seek Community Support: If you are still facing difficulties, it can be helpful to seek assistance from the UiPath community forums or support channels. Other users and experts may be able to provide specific guidance or insights based on their experience.

Remember to double-check your Python script and ensure it works correctly outside of UiPath Studio. This will help isolate whether the issue lies with the Python installation, script, or the interaction between UiPath and Python.

I have the same problem.

I have install windows .net runtime 5.0.17, it’s OK now!