Problem with Password Protected Excel file

I am trying to use the Write Range activity to write a datatable into a password protected Excel file.

If I use the Application Integration Activity (with Excel App scope) to write into a password protected cell range, I get the “Range does not exist” error message.
I have already tried inputting the “Password” and the “Edit Password” options here. That does not help.

If I use the System Integration Activity, it disturbs the formatting of the Excel Template - especially cell borders.

Is this a bug or a known issue? How do we get around this?

EDIT: Certain ranges within a particular sheet in my Excel are password protected - not the entire file itself. I want the robot to be able to make edits in these protected ranges.

@anupamck

While taking Excel Application Scope if you pass password in Properties it will perfectly work.

Find attached implemented solution.ExcelPassword.zip (20.0 KB)

1 Like

Hi @Rahul_S

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, it doesn’t solve my problem.

I must make a clarification here. My entire excel file isn’t password protected - just select fields in a worksheet are locked for editing. I want the robot to be able to input something into these sheets.

Please refer the below post.

1 Like

The activity called Protect Unprotect, developed by Balamurali as a part of the BalaReva excel activites solved my problem here.

Thank you @balupad14 for developing this package! This is a real service to the community.

Thank you @Vivek_Arunagiri for pointing me there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @Vivek_Arunagiri and @anupamck,

You can get this package in UiPath Go also.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

1 Like

@anupamck

Is it possible for you to send sample excel file which you are talking about?

So, we can get exact idea what you are trying to do

Hello @Rahul_S,

In the below link , you can get the sample project.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.