PMO Assistance Process

PMO Assistance Process

Use Case Description

The process will talk about the different use cases that are candidates for automation, starting with the prospective candidate for Employee Process i.e., improve organizations face value in the competitive market -as interview feedback is very important for the prospective candidates. Once the candidate is hired, he can be reminded by the bot of all the common organizational processes that are important from both the compliance as well as process perspective of creating a new employee account, filling the weekly timesheet, sending an automated email to managers for timesheet delinquency.

There are several day-to-day processes that can leverage the automation efficiency of the UiPath bot. Following is the use case that can be explored for help PM as well as remind PM too.
• Create New Employee Account
The new employee account needs to be created the bot can be used to easily create these accounts and ensure that it is done in a timely manner to make the employee productive since the first day itself.

• Enable accounts in various systems.
New employee account needs to be enabled across various end systems and a lot an authority to and access to the company portal.

• Employee timesheet reminders
It is very important for the business and the company’s revenue for timely timesheet submission. The failure to complete this on time can result in the company not getting paid on time and thus it has a direct impact on its revenue. The timesheet reminder bot can be engaged here to send timely reminders to the employee.

•Sending an automated email to managers for timesheet delinquency
The bot should be engaged to find the defaulters and create a data table for them so that
management can take the required action. A project manager should check data in SharePoint
extract Data that haven’t been submitted the timesheet in 7 days. The manager Should send a system-generated reminder email to upload the timesheet. This can be tied to the employee performance evaluation so this will have a direct impact on the employee’s goals.

Other information about the use case

Industry categories for this use case: Customer Service, Finance, HR, Information Technology and Services

Skill level required: Intermediate

UiPath Products that were used: UiPath Assistant, UiPath Orchestrator, UiPath StudioX

Other applications that were used: -

Other resources: -

What is the top ROI driver for this use case?: Increase employee engagement

1 Like

Hi @Pratiksha_Mahajan

Why not include the information from the attached file in the use case description? :slight_smile: The content would then be more accessible for everyone

@loginerror can I add a description now

Absolutely, feel free to click this edit button on your post above to be able to edit your current topic:

@loginerror Thanks for your response, I am not able to see the edit button over here
can you please help me out.

It should be at the bottom of your post:

Hi @loginerror, please find Screenshot as there is no edit button present at bottom of my post,

Strange, let me have a look why that is.

EDIT. Fixed, could you try now?

Thanks a lot, @Maciej Kuzmicz, I can edit my post now. :slightly_smiling_face: