Please help me solve this error 260 char

I faced this error message:
“The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.”

Hello @airwaveexporter ,

This is usually a Windows OS limitation, if is about local files/directories.
Can you post a screenshot or explain better from were you get the issue?

If its about the file path, you should make it somehow shorter.

Vasile.

Hi @airwaveexporter

@wasea is correct, this error is due to length of file path of xaml that are getting invoked are long and exceeding the limit.
if you are are using a network drive to access the files, try mapping the drive to local machine and change the file paths accordingly

You will need to make a registry edit (administrator permissions needed)

I’ve set this up on Windows Server 2016 with no success. I’ve also referred to the documentation available on MS Developers Guidelines Maximum Path Length Limitation - Win32 apps | Microsoft Docs with no success. Any other thing I might be missing?

Hi @tgarcia
As people has said here, this is a Windows limitation, I wouldn’t do any changes to maximize this limit, because you would have to do it also in production machines. Just reduce the names of your files or map the resource to drive.

Try going through this article if you haven’t already.
I’ve never had to do this since I use Python a lot and it usually takes care of it for me.