PDF data extraction into excel

Hey guys , trust you guys are doing well ,

Can help me into below problem messages , we need to extract the tables only

I am trying to extract the attached pdf data into excel,

I ma attaching the work flow and PDF sample , below are the errors,
SM pdftocsv.xaml (39.3 KB)
68.pdf (54.4 KB)

remote Exception wrapping System.InvalidOperationException: Can not assign ‘outputdt.Tables(0).Rows(0).Item(“Name”).ToString’ to ‘row.item(“Name”)’. —> RemoteException wrapping System.ArgumentException: Column ‘Name’ does not belong to table Simple Fields. **
** at System.Data.DataRow.GetDataColumn(String columnName)

** at System.Data.DataRow.get_Item(String columnName)**
** at lambda_method(Closure , ActivityContext )**
** at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicValue1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)** ** at System.Activities.CodeActivity1.InternalExecuteInResolutionContext(CodeActivityContext context)**
** at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteInResolutionContext[T](ActivityInstance parentInstance, Activity1 expressionActivity)** ** at System.Activities.InArgument1.TryPopulateValue(LocationEnvironment targetEnvironment, ActivityInstance activityInstance, ActivityExecutor executor)**
** at System.Activities.RuntimeArgument.TryPopulateValue(LocationEnvironment targetEnvironment, ActivityInstance targetActivityInstance, ActivityExecutor executor, Object argumentValueOverride, Location resultLocation, Boolean skipFastPath)**
** at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.InternalTryPopulateArgumentValueOrScheduleExpression(RuntimeArgument argument, Int32 nextArgumentIndex, ActivityExecutor executor, IDictionary2 argumentValueOverrides, Location resultLocation, Boolean isDynamicUpdate)** ** at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.ResolveArguments(ActivityExecutor executor, IDictionary2 argumentValueOverrides, Location resultLocation, Int32 startIndex)**
** at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)**
** — End of inner exception stack trace —**
** at System.Activities.Statements.Throw.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)**
** at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)**
** at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)**
** at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)**

Please help me .

Your support means a lot

Hello @Vinay_Swarnkar I would like to help you, Do you need the 3 Tables with its format?

1 Like

Hello

Thanks you for the reply ,

YEs need data of 3 tables in excel column if possible ,because header of the 3 table are different and few are duplicate as well.

if not then you may suggest to get 3 tables as it is in the excel , in that case we need to remove headers and some manual action would required.

so you free to suggest either way.

Regards
vinay

can you help please

Hi, I am trying but it’s kind of complex. If everthing works good I’ll let you know

1 Like

Thanks

Hi @Vinay_Swarnkar
Data Scrapping feature in uipath helps to extract the three tables out of that pdf. Just open the pdf and do a UI Automation of datascrapping. It helps to extract the three table one by one.

Another way is try out Document Understanding feature

Regards,
Nived N

Hi ,

I tried doc. understanding in m above query i have attached the workflow as well.

Getting error

21.4.4+Branch.master.Sha.a8b5101efe02651274064093e9c7410fedff7696

Source: Multiple Assign (Throw)

Message: Can not assign ‘outputdt.Tables(2).Rows(2).Item(“Name”).ToString’ to ‘row.item(“Name”)’.

Exception Type: System.InvalidOperationException

RemoteException wrapping System.InvalidOperationException: Can not assign ‘outputdt.Tables(2).Rows(2).Item(“Name”).ToString’ to ‘row.item(“Name”)’. —> RemoteException wrapping System.IndexOutOfRangeException: There is no row at position 2.
at System.Data.RBTree1.GetNodeByIndex(Int32 userIndex) at lambda_method(Closure , ActivityContext ) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicValue1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity1.InternalExecuteInResolutionContext(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteInResolutionContext[T](ActivityInstance parentInstance, Activity1 expressionActivity)
at System.Activities.InArgument1.TryPopulateValue(LocationEnvironment targetEnvironment, ActivityInstance activityInstance, ActivityExecutor executor) at System.Activities.RuntimeArgument.TryPopulateValue(LocationEnvironment targetEnvironment, ActivityInstance targetActivityInstance, ActivityExecutor executor, Object argumentValueOverride, Location resultLocation, Boolean skipFastPath) at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.InternalTryPopulateArgumentValueOrScheduleExpression(RuntimeArgument argument, Int32 nextArgumentIndex, ActivityExecutor executor, IDictionary2 argumentValueOverrides, Location resultLocation, Boolean isDynamicUpdate)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.ResolveArguments(ActivityExecutor executor, IDictionary`2 argumentValueOverrides, Location resultLocation, Int32 startIndex)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Activities.Statements.Throw.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)