PDF data extraction into excel

Hey guys , trust you guys are doing well ,

Can help me into below problem messages , we need to extract the tables only

I am trying to extract the attached pdf data into excel,

I ma attaching the work flow and PDF sample , below are the errors,
SM pdftocsv.xaml (39.3 KB)
68.pdf (54.4 KB)

remote Exception wrapping System.InvalidOperationException: Can not assign ‘outputdt.Tables(0).Rows(0).Item(“Name”).ToString’ to ‘row.item(“Name”)’. —> RemoteException wrapping System.ArgumentException: Column ‘Name’ does not belong to table Simple Fields. **
** at System.Data.DataRow.GetDataColumn(String columnName)

** at System.Data.DataRow.get_Item(String columnName)**
** at lambda_method(Closure , ActivityContext )**
** at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicValue1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)** ** at System.Activities.CodeActivity1.InternalExecuteInResolutionContext(CodeActivityContext context)**
** at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteInResolutionContext[T](ActivityInstance parentInstance, Activity1 expressionActivity)** ** at System.Activities.InArgument1.TryPopulateValue(LocationEnvironment targetEnvironment, ActivityInstance activityInstance, ActivityExecutor executor)**
** at System.Activities.RuntimeArgument.TryPopulateValue(LocationEnvironment targetEnvironment, ActivityInstance targetActivityInstance, ActivityExecutor executor, Object argumentValueOverride, Location resultLocation, Boolean skipFastPath)**
** at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.InternalTryPopulateArgumentValueOrScheduleExpression(RuntimeArgument argument, Int32 nextArgumentIndex, ActivityExecutor executor, IDictionary2 argumentValueOverrides, Location resultLocation, Boolean isDynamicUpdate)** ** at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.ResolveArguments(ActivityExecutor executor, IDictionary2 argumentValueOverrides, Location resultLocation, Int32 startIndex)**
** at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)**
** — End of inner exception stack trace —**
** at System.Activities.Statements.Throw.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)**
** at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)**
** at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)**
** at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)**

Please help me .

Your support means a lot

Hello @Vinay_Swarnkar I would like to help you, Do you need the 3 Tables with its format?

1 Like

Hello

Thanks you for the reply ,

YEs need data of 3 tables in excel column if possible ,because header of the 3 table are different and few are duplicate as well.

if not then you may suggest to get 3 tables as it is in the excel , in that case we need to remove headers and some manual action would required.

so you free to suggest either way.

Regards
vinay

can you help please

Hi, I am trying but it’s kind of complex. If everthing works good I’ll let you know

1 Like

Thanks

Hi @Vinay_Swarnkar
Data Scrapping feature in uipath helps to extract the three tables out of that pdf. Just open the pdf and do a UI Automation of datascrapping. It helps to extract the three table one by one.

Another way is try out Document Understanding feature

Regards,
Nived N

Hi ,

I tried doc. understanding in m above query i have attached the workflow as well.

Getting error

21.4.4+Branch.master.Sha.a8b5101efe02651274064093e9c7410fedff7696

Source: Multiple Assign (Throw)

Message: Can not assign ‘outputdt.Tables(2).Rows(2).Item(“Name”).ToString’ to ‘row.item(“Name”)’.

Exception Type: System.InvalidOperationException

RemoteException wrapping System.InvalidOperationException: Can not assign ‘outputdt.Tables(2).Rows(2).Item(“Name”).ToString’ to ‘row.item(“Name”)’. —> RemoteException wrapping System.IndexOutOfRangeException: There is no row at position 2.
at System.Data.RBTree1.GetNodeByIndex(Int32 userIndex) at lambda_method(Closure , ActivityContext ) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicValue1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity1.InternalExecuteInResolutionContext(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteInResolutionContext[T](ActivityInstance parentInstance, Activity1 expressionActivity)
at System.Activities.InArgument1.TryPopulateValue(LocationEnvironment targetEnvironment, ActivityInstance activityInstance, ActivityExecutor executor) at System.Activities.RuntimeArgument.TryPopulateValue(LocationEnvironment targetEnvironment, ActivityInstance targetActivityInstance, ActivityExecutor executor, Object argumentValueOverride, Location resultLocation, Boolean skipFastPath) at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.InternalTryPopulateArgumentValueOrScheduleExpression(RuntimeArgument argument, Int32 nextArgumentIndex, ActivityExecutor executor, IDictionary2 argumentValueOverrides, Location resultLocation, Boolean isDynamicUpdate)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.ResolveArguments(ActivityExecutor executor, IDictionary`2 argumentValueOverrides, Location resultLocation, Int32 startIndex)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Activities.Statements.Throw.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Hi @Vinay_Swarnkar

Have you tried with regex?

Regards
Sudharsan

1 Like

HI @Vinay_Swarnkar ,

I have extracted the three tables in attached flow using “Table Extraction” feature of modern design. You will need Uipath version 2020.10 or above for this flow.

Also you will have to update the “Application Path” and “Application Arguments” properties of Use Application/Browser activity as per your system.

ExtractTable.zip (64.6 KB)

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.