Pdf automation without OCR

Hi all,

I need to extract data that is highlighted in the PDF and need to export that into excel file.That is also without using OCR activity string manipulation can be used.

Any ideas,helps are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

@balupad14

1 Like

HI @Nithish_kumar,

Can you share a sample pdf ?

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

1 Like

Hi @balupad14,

Couldn’t upload files because I’m a new user here.Any native PDF with highlighted text can do the work.

Thank You
Nithish Kumar

1 Like

sample-pdf-file.pdf (151.3 KB) Hi @balupad14 Nitish Kumar he has some issues to upload that file. I will share that file. Please find my attachment below

1 Like

Hi @Buvaneshwaran_R and @Nithish_kumar,

Really it is a great challenging work. I have question with you . Are you able specify the highlighted color. I am not going to OCR…

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

Hi @balupad14,

Actually the above PDF attached by @Buvaneshwaran_R contains some highlighted texts in that but had no idea how to extract that particular text.And not sure with the color whether its gold or yellow.

Thank You
Nithish Kumar

1 Like

it is possible to get the color like this way.

And also I saw a video. I don’t know it will be helpful or not ?

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

Thank you for the video @balupad14. I have seen this video and have seen your image stating to identify the color.

But how to define it to fetch the text that is highlighted in Uipath in means of activity.

1 Like

Hi ,
I don’t know whether the activity exists or not But in the weekend i will try with custom activity.

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

2 Likes

Sure Thank you for your quick response @balupad14 , Please let me know once while working on this.

Warm Regards
Nithish Kumar