Packages incompatible

When running the a process unattended, i get the following message:

Cannot create unknown type ‘{http://schemas.uipath.com/workflow/activities}AddLogFields’.

RemoteException wrapping System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterException: Cannot create unknown type ‘{http://schemas.uipath.com/workflow/activities}AddLogFields’.
at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.WriteStartObject(XamlType xamlType)
at System.Xaml.XamlWriter.WriteNode(XamlReader reader)
at System.Xaml.XamlServices.Transform(XamlReader xamlReader, XamlWriter xamlWriter, Boolean closeWriter)
at System.Activities.XamlIntegration.FuncFactory1.Evaluate() at System.Activities.DynamicActivity.OnInternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings) at System.Activities.Activity.InternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings, IList1& validationErrors)
at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivity(ChildActivity childActivity, ChildActivity& nextActivity, Stack1& activitiesRemaining, ActivityCallStack parentChain, IList1& validationErrors, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback)
at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivityTreeCore(ChildActivity currentActivity, ActivityCallStack parentChain, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList1& validationErrors) at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.CacheRootMetadata(Activity activity, LocationReferenceEnvironment hostEnvironment, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList1& validationErrors)
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstance.ValidateWorkflow(WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstance.RegisterExtensionManager(WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.EnsureInitialized()
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.Enqueue(InstanceOperation operation, Boolean push)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.SimpleOperationAsyncResult.Run(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.BeginRun(AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at UiPath.Executor.RobotRunner.d__91.MoveNext()

It seems that this is because of an incompatablity of the packages.
uipath.system.activities
Studio package: 21.10.4
Orchestrator package: 20.10.4

How can I let orchestrator update the packages autmatically, it would not make sense to have to update all the packages in orchestrator mannually right?

Kind regards,

John

Hello,

Firstly, try to get 20.10.4 Studio package from Package Manager and check if the problem will be solved after that.
Post the result here, please.

Hi @dyuonn.bakker

Can you check the process has an error. While publishing you make have the issue…

Regards
Gokul

No while publishing there are no errors shown. Otherwise I could also not run it unattended on the machine. Any other thoughts? Thanks!

Hi Loana,

Thanks for the input, I guess this would work, but this will not solve the issue itself.
As the packages in orchestrator are the old packages. Do you know how to let orchestrator fetch the latest packages as well as in studio via the nuget?

I don’t think we have to update these packages in orchestrator manually every time right?

Kind regards,

John

@dyuonn.bakker

As you have the low version in Orchestrator and high version in Studio

It’s recommended to keep the same version in both to avoid this type of errors, if else then you might degrade the packages in studio level and try

Hope this may help you

Thanks

Hi Srini,

I will give it a try, but any thoughts on how to automatically update the packages in orchestrator to the latest version, so they will always be compatible?

Kind regards,

john

If I downgrade, I get unresolved activities in the workflows.
So not really an option as I then need to rebuild the whole logging logic in the bot.

Kind regards,

john

@dyuonn.bakker

Are you using Cloud or On-Prem Orchestrator?

Thanks

Hi Srini,

Yes using on prem.

Hi Dy,

Can you try to update your Orchestrator to version of the Studio - 21.10.4?

Docs here: About Updating and Migrating

Hi Srini,

any thoughts, could on-prem be the problem here?

Kind regards,

John

Hi Loana,

Our TM provider, is going to have a look in the server logs to see if the request for the packages was successful. Incompatibility could be the issue here between studio and orchestrator?

Kind regards,

John