Null add data column issue

hi, does this mean the data column that im trying to add is empty? ive check my output for the data column i wanted to add before step and it is correct though…

help to solve please thankss

HI,

For now, can you check input datatable has been initialized? (It might be null)
Or can you share screenshot of the AddDataColumn activity?

Regards,

hi i check output datatable, it is correct too

here is the add column

it is to add ministry_name to extract_dt which already contains division_name and division_url, extract_dt and ministry_name output is correct but add data column got issue

thanks

HI,

To make sure, can you check if the datatable is not null as the following?

(extract_dt Is Nothing).ToString

Regards,

Hi @Pyx
Check extracted dt is empty or not . If it is empty add new datatable in the default value of datatable variable.

Hope this helps

Hi @Pyx ,

If ministry_name column alredy exists in dt_extract then try to add a new column with name ministry_name_1 and use below properties as shown in below screenshot,

Before adding the column to dt_extract, please check the row count of datatable and the column names.

Hope this might help you :star2:

when i add that, my brower jus loads many times as there is an open brower in for each

hi, i have checked, ministry_name is not in extract_dt’s output

here is extract_dt output

Hi @Pyx ,

As per your screenshot what are you passing as a Default value in properties and whether your default value is a string type?

1 Like

default value is ministry_name, a variable that is string type

Hi @Pyx

Are you using Add Data Column activity inside For Each Row?
Try using it outside For Each Row.

1 Like

Hi @Pyx

Could you check whether there is extract_dt under same scope which creates this error. Click on add data column and open variable panel

hi all, it works now, thanks for all the help!

Hi @Pyx

What was the issue exactly ?