Need help to read text files content and extract matched data value with regular expressions

Hi everyone,

I have a folder containing a number of text files that I want to read and iterate and capture matched specific data value using regular expressions. Each text file has its own set of data values to be captured.
I have tested the regular expressions at .NET Regex Tester - Regex Storm and am able to match the desired text value correctly. However, in the UiPath workflow sequence I am unable to get any match or output any of the desired data value from the text files. Below are the list of steps I took to building the workflow but I am not sure if I have missed out any steps or having any mistakes in the workflow activities.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Here are the workflow sequence done so far:

1. I add a Assign activity to get the text files path location. Folder is a string variable of the full path where the text files are located.
    filesArray=Directory.GetFiles(Folder)

2. Next, I add a For Each activity to loop each item in filesArray. In the Body of the For Each activity, I add Read Text File activity with Filename=item.ToString (as the path of the file to be read). The Output variable is textInput of string variable type.

3. Next, I add a Assign activity to read the text file line by line with a System.String variable textStr=textInput.Split(Environment.NewLine.ToArray()).

4. Next, I add a Matches activity to configure the regular expressions. Input variable=textStr.ToString and Result=regexMatch of variable type System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<System.Text.RegularExpressions.Match>.

Here is the regex:
(?<=SERVER: )\w+|(?<=SCSI Disk Device: )…|(?<=Gb.Gb.+Gb\s+)\d+.:

Here is a sample text and the value highlighted in bold are the data to be captured as input into Excel file:

SERVER: server001
SCSI Disk Device: OK
Drive Size Used Free Free(%)
C: 499Gb 131Gb 368Gb 73.7
D: 99Gb 10Gb 89Gb 89
E: 1843Gb 800Gb 1043Gb 56.5
F: 1843Gb 647Gb 1195Gb 64.8

Hi,

How about the following pattern?

(?<=SERVER:\s*|SCSI Disk Device:\s*|Gb.+Gb.+Gb\s*)[.\w]+

Regards,

Hi,

sorry for the confusion, but that is not what I meant. I do not need to configure any regular expression as I am able to get a match on .NET Regex Tester - Regex Storm.
What I am trying to say is how do I build the UiPath activities to capture the desired data value from the text files. When I try to check if the matching value is correct, I get “System.Linq.Enumerable+d__94`1[System.Text.RegularExpressions.Match]”.

@anon14650432 What operation are you performing to check the matching value ?

Hi,

In this case, perhaps you don’t need to split the string.
You can set whole string in Input property of Matches activity, and can check its value as the following.

Regards,

Hi,

I add a Message Box activity with regexMatch.ToString to test the output. I got this output “System.Linq.Enumerable+d_97’1[System.Text.RegularExpressions.Match]”.

Thank you for your help. I found the solution at this post Regex output in Matches box - #2 by CG00

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.