Multi-Factor Authentication - Use of UiPathTeam.TwoStepAuthentication.Activities

Hello,

I am trying to use a activity called ‘Get Microsoft Token’ from the UiPathTeam.TwoStepAuthentication.Activities package. I am having absolute no luck when it comes to getting this activity to work.

Someone told me I need to activate the secret key through the activity itself, and not a device, but I have no idea how to. I entered the secret key value in the secret key parameter but it just throws an error of “Illegal character: 8”.

If I don’t put in a secret key value, then it gives me back a token but it isn’t tied to anything so it can’t be used successfully.

Does anyone have any feedback on how this activity is actually supposed to be used?

Here is a link to the package from UiPath Go! for additional information:
https://go.uipath.com/component/two-steps-authentication-component

Create a Sequence and add activities as follows just for POC,you can modify according to your need

1. Add Input Dialog Activity , Ask for Secret key from the user
    Assign the output of Input Dialog Activitiy to a variable opSecretKey
  2. Assign this opSecretKey as Input to the SecretKey of Authentication Activity you have downloaded, assign a variable opToken to the Output Token of this Activity
  3. Output a Message box and put the output variable of the Authentication activity
  4. You will get the secret key as message

This gives error
GetGoogleToken: Illegal character: 1

Can you please tell how to remove this error

Hi Michael,

Have you ever managed to get this work with Microsoft tokens? I’m getting the same error which I’m guessing is caused by not using the correct value as the secret key.

I’m using My Sign-Ins to add a new “authenticator app” and try to get the key from there but the only thing that appears is the “Code” and “URL” which both don’t seem to be the actually key. Thoughts?

Kind regards,

Matthijs

1 Like

Ok depending on (presumably) the organisation settings the “Authenticator app” may not show the “I want to use a different authenticator app” option as below:

Make sure this works for you otherwise you won’t be able to set it up.

So if you want to generate a SecretKey to use with Two-Factor Authentication Activities - RPA Component | UiPath Marketplace follow these steps:

• Go to My Sign-Ins (microsoft.com)
  • Sign in with the relevant account
  • Click image
  • Select “Authenticator app”
  • Select “I want to use a different authenticator app”
  • Click “Next”
  • Click “Can’t scan image?”
  • Copy “Secret key”
  • Click “Next”
  • Use the “Secret key” to generate a token using the 2FA activities and confirm the token in the next screen.
1 Like