Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft teams are not compatible with Each other

Hi,

I am using Office 365 activities 2.0.1- to connect to SharePoint and Microsoft.teams.activities 0.5.1 to retrieve the messages from a channel. When i work indivdually, they are working fine, but I try to use them together in a same workflow : Get the list of all joined Teams: Method not found: ‘Void Microsoft.Graph.BaseRequest.set_Method(System.String)’.

I tried with different different versions on it but the error remains the same, I think it is a bug in studio itself , can you tell me which two versions(preferably to access sharepoint files and to retrieve messages from a channel).

TIA

HI @Vi_Quad,

The error you’re encountering is related to the version mismatch between the Microsoft Graph API library used by the Office 365 activities and the Microsoft Teams API library used by the Microsoft Teams activities. To resolve this issue, you need to use compatible versions of both libraries that work together.

Here are some compatible versions you can try:

• Office 365 activities 1.11.3 or 1.12.2
  • Microsoft.Teams.activities 1.10.0 or 1.11.0
1 Like

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue as @Vi_Quad. This is a curious issue, as it’s enough that Office 365 activity package is installed in the same project as Teams activities, that the Teams activities do not work.

@ABHIMANYU_THITE1 - I can’t find the actity versions for Teams that you are referring - for UiPath.MicrosoftTeams, the highest activity version that is available for me is 0.5.1.

1 Like

as an alternative, i had to divide this completely separate processes, have to run them separately.(First I am accessing SharePoint and downloading the files in process 1, then in next process, I am using the teams).

1 Like

I performed some testing with different versions of the packages, and got them to work with:

• UiPath.MicrosoftOffice365.Activities = 1.11.1 (and lower)
  • UiPath.MicrosoftTeams.Activities = 0.5.1

Hey everybody,

We are working to release a new version for Microsoft Teams that will work smoothly with O365 package.
There is some massive work there, so it might take a bit more time.

Thank you for your understanding.
I am looping also @Akshay_Agnihotri who is owing Microsoft Teams.
Best regards,

1 Like

Hey @AlexCrijman and @Akshay_Agnihotri

I was just about to raise a support ticket when I saw this post.

Can you confirm that the version upgrade you speak of is an update to the non-Integration Service activities (Microsoft Teams - RPA Component | UiPath Marketplace | Overview)?

Will this also update the package to support Windows compatibility?

Thanks

hi @cshan the Microsoft Teams package (v5xx) will be the latest connector offering (would be going GA this month or early next month) from Integration Service which should seamlessly work with Outlook and other IS connectors/packages. Can you please, let me know, if there are any issues in transitioning to IS package? If there is any particular activity/functionality/use-case that is needed on the IS MS Teams package, we could certainly prioritize and help in getting that enabled. The legacy/classic packages are under maintenance mode i.e. only bugs will be fixed, but there won’t be any further enhancements on the old/legacy package.

Hey @Akshay_Agnihotri,

Thanks for that information.

We cannot use IS because client is hosting UiPath On Premise.

However, we are looking to upgrade all processes to Windows compatibility, but the “legacy/classic” package, as you called it, is only Windows-Legacy compatible.

Would an upgrade to Windows compatibility be a consideration considering many customers will not have access to IS through On Prem hosting?

Tagging @robert.wagner , who is the PM (for all classic APs) in the loop, for the same.

Thanks Akshay.

Would you be able to shed some light on this issue @robert.wagner?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Vi_Quad
Did you solve this problem? I had facing same issue

Hi @mat-tang ,

No, the issue still remains, i had to divide the process into separate process, for the next process, we shifted to sharedrive instead of sharepoint, i suggest you the same thing.

@mat-tang

You can check my post for compatible versions: Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft teams are not compatible with Each other - #6 by efelantti

Hi!
I saw your message and checked compatible version.
It didn’t work.

I think that is not compatible version problem.

What error message do you get?

When I use get channel activity, I got a error message like that

Get Channel: Method not found: 'Void Microsoft.Graph.BaseRequest.set_Method(System.String)

Check if you have these dependency versions:
It works on my end with these.

If it doesn’t work, you can try to reopen Studio. If that doesn’t help, create a new workflow with the Teams activities and try again.

I tried to your opinion but it isn’t working yet. So I will contact to UiPath support department.

My UiPath environment is like that

UiPath studio 21.4.4
I also using Window-legacy project.

Thanks to your answer.