today I found a very strange behaviour in UI-Activities. I just tried to do a little “smoke test” if UiPath would do it’s job in MS Dynamics.
The very first UI-related activity takes very very much time to process. Lets say a ‘click’ in a simple test sequence: The 1st click takes about 40 seconds till the mouse hits the button. 2nd and 3th click are fast as usual. This works even if I build a few sequences that invoke each other. I mean I can live with this issue but it makes developement very hard because its hard to unit-test short sequences.
What I’ve already tried:
- WaitForReady modes
- Different methods to interact with the UI like Type or find Element
- Downgraded the activities package to a few versions (2019, 2018)
- Tested all Ui Frameworks using F4
- Tried click activities in other programs for testing like Notepad etc. It worked perfectly there.
- No insight what UiPath is doing by using Debug.
- Different modifications of the selector
- Published the robot and started it from Agent. Same result.
What I’ve observed:
- in 90% of tests, the selector validation is as fast as expected. but sometimes, the validation takes a few minutes or infinite time.
- Many elements do not return text when using GetText or simply the string “caption”
I work with UiPath since years but I’ve never seen something like this:) It seems like UiPath has to explore Navision somehow before it can interact with it.