Merge data

I have two files in a folder and I want to merge the data from both the files and write into another excel. Tried with Merge Data Table but didn’t get it. @Palaniyappan

2 Likes

Make sure you have same column headers while merging the data table @balkishan

3 Likes

Yes, I don’t have any columns, I already removed the columns, I only need the data not the columns name.

2 Likes

In addition to Hareesh, make sure the number of columns match in the excel files.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

3 Likes

Yes number of columns are also same bro…

3 Likes

Fine
Make sure these things buddy
—hope you have the datatable of both the excel files ready
—if so make sure that we have
Same order of columns
Same name of columns
Same number of columns
Same datatype of columns

Only then we can merge them
Cheers @balkishan

3 Likes

Yes bro, Columns name I don’t have, I have direct data, and the number of columns are same in both the excel. Just want to merge and put it into another excel sheet.

3 Likes

And make sure that we have enabled the ADD HEADERS property in the read range of both the excel files
Cheers @balkishan

3 Likes

So we have only records
Without header
Right
Cheers @balkishan

3 Likes

I have these files in a folder. So do I need to put into diff - 2 folder. Or I can read from one folder only.

3 Likes

Yes, Exactly bro.

3 Likes

Why so
May I know why we have neglected the headers
@balkishan

3 Likes

That’s not a issue we can read the file and merge them even if they are in same folder
Cheers @balkishan

3 Likes

Because bro. I want to merge these excels data once merged this data into another excel,
I want to copy the entire data into the MasterFile. Master file already contains the Headers.

2 Likes

So what is the issue here bro. Do we need headers in both the files.
Can’t we read without headers.

3 Likes

Yah kindly enable the headers while getting them
And while writing the Master file we can append range
Cheers @balkishan

2 Likes

Okay, I added the headers in both the excel. Now guide me.
I have these files in single folder.

First I want to merge these files data into single sheet, Then I want to copy the entire data into Master, I think it’s easy to do.

2 Likes

Yah now we can get the data from them with read range activity and merge them using merge datatable activity
Then we can take the destination mentioned datatable as input to the append range activity
Cheers @balkishan

2 Likes

In Merge Data only Destination and Source option are given.
But we have two DT variable one for first and second for another excel. right me if I am wrong.

2 Likes

Yah keep the one in source and another one in destination
Finally we can take the destination one as it will have the merged data,and use that in append range activity
@balkishan

2 Likes