Match names in one Excel spreadsheet to email addresses in another Excel spreadsheet

Hi all,

I have a list of names and email addresses in Excel File 1 and a subset of these names and other information in Excel File 2. I need to match the email address for each name and add this as a separate column in Excel File 2.

How can I do this?

@keshana_t

You can use Join Datatable activity

This will give you entire Table with ExcelFile1 and ExcelFile2 columns

Hope this helps you

Thanks

Thank you! I tried your method but it doesn’t quite work. Currently File 1 has names and email addresses and File 2 has names and dates. I have two issues when I use the Join DataTable activity.

1. Since the activity joins the columns, I now have two name columns.
  2. The names not in File 2 but in File 1 are also output. Is there a way to match the names only in File 2 to the email addresses in File 1?.

@keshana_t

Can you share a sample file with some sample data and output required, so that we can check

Thanks

Hi, yes sure.

The names in Sheet 2 is a subset of the list in Sheet 1. The output required is the Results tab where we have kept Sheet 2 but added another column where we match the names in Sheet 2 to the email addresses in Sheet 1.

Sample Data & Output.xlsx (11.8 KB)

@keshana_t

check as below

Attached Workflow for your reference
Main.xaml (7.6 KB)

Mark as solution if this helps you

Thanks

Thank you - this is really helpful and it works! Is there a way to remove the time component from the list? I just need the date.

@keshana_t

Check as below for convert of datetime
https://forum.uipath.com/t/convert-date-time-format-tutorial/242670/2
Mark as solution if this helps you

Thanks

Thank you! You’ve be really helpful and I appreciate all your help :smiley:

1 Like

Hello - Some names have not been output (because of differences in upper and lowercases, missing alphabets, etc.). Is there a way to check the list of names in Sheet 2 against the list of names in Sheet 1 and if no match is found, then for UiPath to still output the name but return an error message

@keshana_t

Check as below for your reference
https://forum.uipath.com/t/tutorial-how-to-check-a-string-is-present-in-excel-sheet-part-1/243696/2

And don’t mix all the question in 1 post

Hope this helps you

Thanks

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.