IT Automation Samples and Learning

That’s a great news from Uipath…
Expecting few more samples for easy learning. Which activity we can use for updating the details(for eg: phone number, address etc) while user creation? Plz share samples if possible. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi Rahul,

In order to update the properties of an existing user/group/computer, please use Update Object Properties activity.

With this activity, you can update the value of a single property, like shown in New Manager workflow above. If you want to update multiple properties at once, you shall create a DataTable object similar with the one presented in Employees Onboarding.

More details about the parameters of Update Object Properties activity:

• DistinguishedName* (String) - The Distinguished Name of the object.

• SingleProperty (String) - The name of a specific property (e.g. “displayName”).

• SingleProperty Value (Object) - The new value of the single property.

• Properties (DataTable) - A DataTable object. It shall contain two columns, the first one representing the property name and the second its value.

• If present, the Single Property & Single Property Value will be ignored.

Thanks a lot Ovi for the quick response… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome Rahul. Ovi is exactly how my friends call me :smile:

2 Likes

uipath

as per this sample its trying to create the Surname. But how the row name “sn” will identify that property.
When I checked in AD the object name is Surname. Could you please brief about the Row name that we are providing here , the Distinguishable name and object class name in other activities?

In order to identify the exact property/attribute LDAP names that you shall use (eg. “sn”, “distinguished name”, “title”), I recommend you to install Active Directory (AD) Explorer which gives you such view. If you use AD Explorer’s Search functionality you will see the list of objectClasses too. Check it here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/adexplorer

This is another helpful link, but in my opinion using AD Explorer is the better option:

Locate for example “Surname” and click on it and you will see the Ldap-Display-Name is “sn”.

Or this page: http://www.selfadsi.org/user-attributes.htm

Thanks Ovi…Now its clear. :blush:

1 Like

IMG_20190812_143853 How we can create a folder in profile tab. I’m able to update the details but folder is not getting created. But if I click apply again its creating.