Issue accessing shared mailbox using get exchange mail message activity

I am able to fetch mail from my account using get exchange mail message activity.
But not able to fetch mail from shared mailbox which i have already configured to outlook.
it gives SMTP error :18.4.1+Branch.master.Sha.bc66386dd8e2160b6d35f31d5ce934a5aa4cf4bd

Source: Get Exchange Mail Messages

Exception Type: UiPath.Mail.ExchangeException

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
UiPath.Mail.ExchangeException: The SMTP address format is invalid. ----> Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceResponseException: The SMTP address format is invalid.
at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceResponse.InternalThrowIfNecessary()
at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.MultiResponseServiceRequest`1.Execute()
at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeService.BindToFolder(FolderId folderId, PropertySet propertySet)
at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeService.BindToFolder[TFolder](FolderId folderId, PropertySet propertySet)
at UiPath.Mail.ExhangeMail.GetEmailFolderFromPath(String path, String sharedMailbox, ExchangeService service)
— End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace —
at UiPath.Mail.Exchange.Activities.ExchangeScope.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Can you check if the SMTP address you are providing is correct?

@sunny1
Usually SMTP is used for sending E-Mails. IMAP, POP3 or the other getxxx activities are used for Mail retrieval.

Can you have a Check on the used Activity and used settings as Well.

Get exchange mail message is working fine when i try to read my inbox, But the movement i try to read shared mailbox it gives SMTP error.

Hi
Can I have a view on the property panel of get exchange mail activity if possible with a screenshot
Cheers @sunny1

I have the same issue. Have you figured out what the issue was? Thanks in advance.

Solution to this issue will be to use full email address for the sharedmailbox property.

I had similar issue and in the sharedmailbox property. I entered full email address (xxx@yyy.com) and it fetched the proper emails.

Good luck…!

Hello friend,
I am trying to get mail from shared mailbox and I passed parameter as you see. But it’s not working. I passed also with my own mail or this mail group mail however not working.
Could you help me ?
One of the photo about Outlook structure and the other one is about ExchangeMailActivity properties screen.

and here are the Outlook Mail structure

Shared mailbox folder Exchange mail

I was also facing some issues accessing the e-mails from a shared mailbox by the Get Exchange Mail activity. I solved it by filling in the properties like this (sea screenshot).

1 Like