Is there any way to check if there are same file name existing in different zip file?

Is there any way to check if there are same file name existing in different zip file?

Hi @fniedez

You can try this

Use unzip activity to unzip it extracts everything out…Now use for each file folder which has an option to include files in sub folders as well and you will be able to get all the sub folder related files as well

Then use Directory.Getfiles for second zip file contents and give the filter as the file name required

cheers

How can I even check if there’s same FileName in two different zip files? Also, how can I even check if all the data’s of .config files are same?

@fniedez

This is how you need to acheive please follow the steps

Use unzip activity to unzip it extracts everything out…Now use for each file folder which has an option to include files in sub folders as well and you will be able to get all the sub folder related files as well

Then use Directory.Getfiles for second zip file contents and give the filter as the file name required

if found then read the file and split the extracted string using new lien character and compare both the arrays …if there are difference print them

cheers

Hello @Anil_G

I am new here, can you help me on this? Please create an example of your Comment Activity?

Hi @fniedez

Please use this in assign which will give all unmatched records between two files

Str1 - text read from file one
Str2 - text read form file two

Use this in assign activity

Umatchedlist = str1.split(environment.newline(),stringsplitoptions.none).ToList().Except(str2.split(environment.newline(),stringsplitoptions.none).ToList())

Unmatchedlist (variable type list) is the list of values which are not matching between the files

Cheers

Where can I place the Assign Activity?

So what im understanding is you want to check is there any files with same name in 2 diffrent zip?

@fniedez

In the palce where you see comment in my screenshot

Hello @indiedev91

I have some message to you, kindly check it.

Thanks,
France

Maybe this can help , please go through but if you need more help related to it please let me know

Is not the same on my case. Can you please help me? I’ve already sent a message to you. Kindly, check it.

1 Like

@Anil_G

What is the variable type of “Unmatchedlist”?

@fniedez

Type

Cheers

@Anil_G

I have a problem?

Take a look of this picture:

@fniedez

Use curly braces{} around the environment.newline()

str1.split({environment.newline()},stringsplitoptions.none).ToList().Except(str2.split({{environment.newline()},stringsplitoptions.none).ToList()).ToList()

Hope this helps

Cheers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.