Invoke work file passing argument datatable out

i have a simple work flow in the first workflow taking a table of data from a csv file, reading it to a data table and passing it to the next workflow so it can then be used to fill out web form.

i cannot seem to get the argument to pass. i’ve read many threads on how this SHOULD work.

the argument in question is called todays_new_patients

I’m using write CSVs to check for data being passed.

the above is the parent work flow. i have in, out, and in/out directions in every combination.

this is the section that reads the file, turns it into a data table and writes the first csv, this section works fine. csv is whole and good.

data just doesn’t seem to pass through to the next two CSVs.

below is the error message i get, i know it means the argument i am passing has no data.

uipath%204

i really need to figure out how to do this as it seems to be a pretty fundamental concept. thank you for any help. I am sure it will either be something incredibly simple or some incredibly obscure setting

1 Like

Fine
Welcome to UiPath community
You were almost done
Only minor changes required and let’s go one by one with that

First for this

—once you get the output from read csv file activity with a OUT Argument of type datatable named Out_todays_news_patients (we need to mention the Out in front to denote that it’s a Out argument as per coding standards) and let’s keep this workflow as first workflow
—now in the mail workflow create a global variable (with whole sequence as scope defined in the variable panel) of type datatable todays_news_patients
— now while we are invoking the first workflow click on Import Arguments and it will import all the arguments we want and invest imported go to Arguments property in the property panel and for OUT argument Out_todays_news_patients assign the value as todays_news_patients so that the OUT argument of type datatable will be assigned now to the global variable in the main workflow
—so we can make use of this todays_news_patients datatable variable anywhere in the workflow like either we can pass it to another workflow to IN argument as value as well

Simple isn’t it
Hope this would help you
Kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @Jason_Dossett

That is exactly what i needed. all the explinations seemed to gloss over

Blockquote now while we are invoking the first workflow click on Import Arguments and it will import all the arguments we want and invest imported go to Arguments property in the property panel and for OUT argument Out_todays_news_patients assign the value as todays_news_patients so that the OUT argument of type datatable will be assigned now to the global variable in the main workflow

attaching the global variable from the main/parent workflow to the imported argument was the step i had missed.

I knew it would be something blindingly simple.

thank so very very very much

Fantastic
Cheers @Jason_Dossett

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.