Invoke VBA Macro (Macros disabled)

I am trying to develop a bot for my organization that invokes an Excel VBA macro stored in a txt file. Unfortunately, the default settings on my organization’s computers is for macros to be disabled in the trust center settings within excel.

I have tried using the invoke macro activity but have not had any success. I assume it is because of the security settings. Is there any way to work around this?

Is there a way to use UIPath to enable macros on an active workbook? Additionally, I would like the macro to run on workbooks that are xlsx and xlsb files.

Is any of this feasible?

1 Like

Hi
Welcome to uipath community
Did we try with INVOKE VBA activity or did you mean the same didn’t work

Cheers @ryanstratford

Yes apologies - that is what I meant. The INVOKE VBA activity.

Fine
If so may i know the error you were getting
@ryanstratford

1 Like

Here are my organization’s trust settings:

Hi @ryanstratford,

Welcome to the Uipath Community!

I don’t think there’s another way but to create a workflow that if you get the error the open excel and disable it using clicks and that stuff. Just a simple task. It’s not that hard, give it a try. :smile:

Ohhh but it’s disabled. That’s another thing. You will have to talk with the administrators to enable the access.

May I know the filepath mentioned the excel application scope
@ryanstratford

I allow the user to select the excel file. For now, I have defined the file path for the text file containing the VBA I want to invoke.

1 Like

No buddy
I would like to know the value of the excelBook variable mentioned in EXCEL APPLICATION SCOPE
@ryanstratford

Is that file having extension as xlsm (macro enabled)
If so try using either xlsx or xls file alone and then run this
Process

Let’s try that once
@ryanstratford

1 Like

That may have worked. I was running it on xlsb before - not sure why that didn’t work. I have run macros on xlsb files before.