Invoke VBA: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A0035 (CTL_E_FILENOTFOUND)

Hi,

I am getting the file not found error while trying to use ‘Invoke VBA’ activity. My file exists in the location though. What could be the issue here, can someone help?

I would suggest to use that Invoke VBA outside the Excel Application Scope and use the full path.

Hi @Krithi1 ,

Besides @asgRPA’s suggestion, I would recommend:

Firstly, please check if the file (that contains the vba) exists on system or is it locked by some other process.
Secondly, please check the permissions to access the file

Best regards,
Marius

@asgRPA - I am trying to execute something within the Excel. How can I use it out side of Excel scope? More over “Invoke VBA” should be used only with ‘Excel Application Scope’ per UiPath docs.

@Marius_Puscasu , I am 100% sure the file exists and I am able to access it manually navigating to that location.

@Krithi1 Can you execute the VBA Code manually in the Excel ? Also have you changed the Trust Settings in Excel to Enable All Macros ?

@supermanPunch - Thank you for responding, it’s working now actually. It was not a code issue, one of the precondition didn’t met, and so the exception, but the error message is misleading.

Thank you all!

1 Like