Integration between Uipath Test Manager and Azzure Devops

Hi Guys,

I have test sets created on UIpath Test Manager, with proper connection with Azzure Devops, my question is…what is needed to manage this test sets on Azzure devops?
On Azzure I have already the extension related to Uipath Test Manager.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

On Devops… based on my understanding…the test sets and test cases options should be available for sync with Test Manager…why that options are not available?

Thanks.

Hi Jose,
at the moment it is not possible to manage the test sets through Azure DevOps. We might come up with an option in future releases but at the moment, Test Sets need to be managed and executed in Orchestrator.

In addition, the screen shot you posted shows the types you can select to be synchronized to UiPath Test Manager as requirements. Like it is presented here, each object created in Azure DevOps which is of any of those types would be created in Test Manager as a requirements and kept in Sync.
Since you seem to be using Azure DevOps for managing your tests, you can switch them all off and just enable the “Manage Tests with Azure DevOps” option.

This enables you to assign automation to Tests from AD and see the results there as well.
Additional infomration around that can be found in the documentation for the AD Connector: Azure DevOps

Kind regrds,
Gernot Brandl

1 Like

Hi Gernot,

First of all, thanks for the fast response.

So in terms of CICD purpose, what is the best approach?

Thanks.
Regards,

In case you want to use Azure Pipelines, you might want to use our plugin exactly for that purpose. The plugin which you took the screenshot from, is for the integration of AD and Test Plans into UiPath test Manager.

1 Like

Hi Gernot,

Yes you are correct… the idea is to have a task,on Azzure to run a test set that we have already in place in orchestrator, the correct option should be Uipath Test

With the following structure I believe

It´s possible to provide a correct example of YAML file to be used to the referred purpose?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Hi Gernot,

We are facing some problems with the connection between Azzure and Uipath, please check below:

It’s possible to assist on this?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Hello Jose,
the stack trace says ‘forbidden’ so I would assume the user/token you are using is not sufficient.
Pls double check if you are using the right connection details to OR.
If required, I would suggest we do a quick zoom chat.

Hey Tomas,

My connection from Azzure to Orchestrator :

Thanks.
Regards.

Hi,
seems you are using your own on-prem Orchestrator.
Pls make sure that you are not using a self-signed certificate for Orchestrator.

Hey Thomas,

The problem is fixed.

We were not invoking correctly the orchestrator folder, on our case needs to be “default”.

Thanks for all the support.
Regards.

1 Like

We are trying to configure a Pipeline for our UiPath proyects, to publish proyects in our orchestrator, but we have a problem.
After download and install UiPath plug in for Azure DevOps, the pipeline is pointing to “ConexionUiPath” that was configured as follow:
conexion Uipath
In “UiPath Pack” and “UiPath Deploy” tasks the configurations is as follow:

UiPath Pack:
uipath pack

UiPath Deploy:
uipath deploy

The problem is when we execute the pipeline. All tasks are executed OK, but we have a warning in the UiPath Pack task:

That warning prevents that the project has published in our orchestrator. We are sure that the credentials for the orchestrator are ok, because we are trying with 2 different “UiPath cloud” accounts, and the error was te same.
Which would be the problem? How we can configure correctly the pipeline?

We are using Azure devops on premise Version Dev17.M153.5. Also, we use Active Directory in our network where is installed Azure Devops

Thanks in advance.

Hi Thomas,

we are setting up the New Test environment and would like to integrate Uipath Test Suite and Devops , having trouble while setting up project in Test Manager , is that something can you help me out with .

I would be more than happy to get over a zoom call and discuss the scenarios .

Thanks
Any help would be appreciated .

Hi,
If you are still struggling with this, pls let me know.
Important for debugging is the entrie output log, specifically from the Deploy step.

Hi Raja,
pls reach out via mail if you need further assistance here.
(thomas.stocker[at]uipath.com)