Initializing a JObject with key value pair

I have a Json Object which I want to use to make an HTTP request.

I am using HTTP activity block.

Here’s how I want my json structure to be:

{
    "sheetName": "abc",
    "jsonArray": <JsonString>
}

Note that I want to convert to a Json object and then assign this entire json to a variable named operationProps I am having a hard time doing this. Can anyone suggest a way for the same.

Assign to your JObject variable this expression:

JObject.FromObject(
 New With {
  .sheetName = "abc",
  .jsonArray =  JsonString
  }
 }
)

I’m not sure if inserting an entire jsonarray will result in the correct output though, but the literals will definately work.
If you need nested json fields this can be a format instead of the jsonarray variable insert:

JObject.FromObject(
 New With {
  .someParentNode = New With {
    .someChildNode = "childvalue"
   }
  }
 }
)
1 Like

I am trying to convert Datatable to array of Objects using: JsonConvert.SerializeObject(resultTable) where resultTable is the datatable and then supplying this value to my jObject. Do you suggest any better way?

There are many methods:
grafik

Line2: From an Object
Line3: Serialize the Object
Line: with a collection of Properties within the constructor

And also for sure via the plain API on scratch

1 Like

This is another case as mentioned on above or title. Just share with us the datatable sample input and the expected output. Thanks for support

1 Like

So my datatable is something like this:

I want to convert this datatable into a json array of objects which would be something like this:

[ { userName: 'sedhha',
    Date: '11/10/2021 15:54:52:328',
    skills: 'python,cpp,solidworks,matlab,ui,arduino,linux,raspberry-pi,computer-vision,react,flask,mongodb,c++,iot,gcp',
    interests: 'AR/VR,Blockchain,Cybersecurity,DevOps,Gaming,Health,IoT,Machine Learning/AI,Productivity,Social Good,Web',
    projectCount: 8,
    hackathonCount: 17,
    achievementCount: 9,
    followerCount: 5,
    followingCount: 0,
    likesCount: 2 } ,{ userName: 'sedhha',
    Date: '11/10/2021 15:54:52:328',
    skills: 'python,cpp,solidworks,matlab,ui,arduino,linux,raspberry-pi,computer-vision,react,flask,mongodb,c++,iot,gcp',
    interests: 'AR/VR,Blockchain,Cybersecurity,DevOps,Gaming,Health,IoT,Machine Learning/AI,Productivity,Social Good,Web',
    projectCount: 8,
    hackathonCount: 17,
    achievementCount: 9,
    followerCount: 5,
    followingCount: 0,
    likesCount: 2 }]

My final request body should look like this:

{
sheetName: "abc",
operationProps: <The Json which I showed above>
}

Stack overflow:

JsonConvert.SerializeObject(YourDataTable, Formatting.Indented);
1 Like

all mentioned options can reused. have a look below (also including the serializing mentioned by Jeroen)

grafik

Screenshot is done within UIPath debug session. You can used for exploration and prototyping. For furthe help on this have a look here:
Understanding the 6 Debugging Panels of UiPath in the easiest way possible! - News / Tutorials - UiPath Community Forum

EDIT: added an additional alternate:

1 Like

Main.xaml (8.5 KB)

Roughly the same, in a working example including the datatables.

1 Like

Can’t thank you enough for the efforts and attempts you did. Thanks again this is exactly what I was looking for.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.