Impossible to install (and use) Tesseract OCR package

Installer(.exe or .msi): UiPath.Studio.exe

License type(Free, Trial/License code): Free Community Edition

Studio/Robot version: 2019.3.0

Hi guys,

for OCR purpose, I can’t use the Tesseract engine. Despite the fact the engine IS present in my UIPath OCR/Engine Activity. It’s not working at all when I’m using the “Read PDF with OCR”

No issue with the Microsoft one btw…

Looking at the package “Tesseract-OCR” package, I’m trying to install it, but installation fails…
In log files, it’s failing for several see below…

10:23:33.0617 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [26] System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly ‘file:///C:\Users\QuentinDelière.nuget\packages\uipath.pdf.activities\1.3.0\lib\net452\x86\pdfium.dll’ or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.
File name: ‘file:///C:\Users\QuentinDelière.nuget\packages\uipath.pdf.activities\1.3.0\lib\net452\x86\pdfium.dll’

10:23:33.0617 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [26] System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly ‘file:///C:\Users\QuentinDelière.nuget\packages\uipath.cefsharpbundle\1.0.0\lib\net452\chrome_elf.dll’ or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.
File name: ‘file:///C:\Users\QuentinDelière.nuget\packages\uipath.cefsharpbundle\1.0.0\lib\net452\chrome_elf.dll’

Then others issues also linked to uipath.cefsharpbundle (this package is correctly installed btw).

When looking with the window file explorer, all “missing” files are present. I’ve unchecked the “read-only” option but issue is still there.

Any idea ?
Thanks in advance.
Q.

UIPath can’t repair the dependency by itself. No message displayed on screen when clicking on “Repair”

“Tesseract-OCR” or “PDFiumViewer” is not a UIPath Supported Package.
As for the error you are encountering, please attach the “VisionHost” logs.

Ok thanks @florinszilagyi .

So we can close this issue then and keeping only the Tesseract-OCR issue (not package linked then) Tesseract OCR not working (standalone + Screen Scraper) - #5 by varunk

Kr,
Quentin