Import/Export Orchestrator Settings

It would be great if we could import/export any settings from one instance of orchestrator to another, including users, roles, assets, queues, packages, processes, etc. I use community orchestrator locally, and then we have an on-prem version of enterprise orchestrator for our dev environment, and another on-prem version of enterprise orchestrator for our prod environment. For the development process, starting with my local instance, it would be great to get all the settings the way I need them to be and not have to copy everything over manually… twice.

you can always automate this and share as library in Go! as there are API to get most things out of orchestrator. :smiley:

Hi,
Thank you for your suggestion. I added it to our internal ideas tracker for our team to consider.

@Pablito Hey brother, any new information on this? I would like to be able to import/export all configs from a 2019.x.x to the 20.10.5 orchestrator.

Hi @akidane,
I checked and seems that as Orchestrator went through a lot of changes in meanwhile this kind of solution need to wait still a little bit. But I got information that there is partial let’s say workaround solution. There is a tool available in our Marketplace which can help you with bulk operation on Orchestrator. Please take a look:

And another useful tool (this time powershell based) where you can perform things from command line. As it’s powershell based you can even prepare the script which will automatically do what’s needed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you sir @Pablito.

1 Like