How UiPath can be used for performance testing

Please, I am interested to know how UiPath can be used for performance testing.is it feasible to do? please guide me. Thanks

@santhoshsaravanan91 with these activities you can monitor the performance of your local machine.
Performance Desktop Triggers - News / Product News - UiPath Community Forum

Hello @PeCour, I appreciate your response. However, I want to test my web application to see how it performs under load testing.

1 Like

Hi @santhoshsaravanan91 ,

Here are some steps you can follow to use UiPath for performance testing:

1. Record a workflow in UiPath to simulate user actions on the application or system under test.
  2. Use the “Execution Time” activity in UiPath to measure the time taken for each step in the workflow.
  3. Use the “For Each” loop activity in UiPath to run the workflow multiple times and collect execution time data for each run.
  4. Use the “Write Line” activity in UiPath to output the execution time data to a log file or to the UiPath output panel.
  5. Use the data collected to analyze the performance of the application or system under test, and identify areas for improvement.

Thanks
Shanmathi

Hi @Shanmathi thank for your response, how to perform load testing?

Hi @santhoshsaravanan91,
unfortunately you can not make performance testing using UiPath but you can do it with many several application and most of them support also Performance test using GUI :slight_smile: hope my answer solved your question

1 Like

Hi @Shanmathi could you please help me with the package name for the execution time activity? I can’t seem to find it in the activities panel.

Hi @santhoshsaravanan91
The “Execution Time” activity is not a built-in activity in UiPath.

However, you can use the “System.DateTime.Now” property to measure the time taken for each step in a workflow.

To use the “System.DateTime.Now” property to measure execution time:

1. Drag a “Assign” activity onto the designer panel.
  2. In the “Value” field, enter “System.DateTime.Now”. This will store the current time as a variable.
  3. Set the “To” field to a variable that will hold the start time.
  4. Add the steps that you want to measure the execution time for after the “Assign” activity.
  5. Drag another “Assign” activity onto the designer panel and set the “Value” field to “System.DateTime.Now”.
  6. Set the “To” field to a variable that will hold the end time.
  7. Use a formula such as “EndTime - StartTime” to calculate the elapsed time.
  8. Use the “Write Line” activity to output the elapsed time to the UiPath output panel or to a log file.

Hi @Shanmathi,

Thank for your response, I’m already using Stopwatch variable to record the time interval in my sequence refer the below screenshot for your reference.

2 Likes

Hello Santos,

we do not offer a dedicated performance or load testing solution atm, but we can support you with basic performance testing via our timer testing activities and the profiler within Studio.
Pls let us know if that would be feasible for you, or if you are looking for something else.