How to troubleshoot terminal connection

I’m attempting to use a Terminal Session activity to connect to an AS400 program using IBM iSeries client. I have a .WS profile that I use to connect manually, but I’ve been unable to ever successfully connect using UIPath.

The UIPath error I get is “Terminal Session : There was an error connecting to terminal. Error code: Error”

The error I see in the Windows Application log is “Connect error: Exception occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020009 (DISP_E_EXCEPTION))”

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot these vague errors? I’ve googled the exception and browsed the UIPath forum but haven’t found anything helpful yet.

I’m even more of an AS400 terminal rookie than a UIPath rookie, but was able to finally get connected.

My IBM i Access for Windows installation placed the session manager file (pcsfe.exe) in a folder called \Emulator. Once I moved the .WS profile and .CAE file (profile config for login type) to the Emulator folder the session connected using the Terminal Session activity.

I still don’t have any better ideas on how to debug a blank error, but at least trial and error fixed me for now.

4 Likes

Worked for me. Sad that the terminal activities dont receive any futher updates…