How to send alert email to multiple recipients?

Hi everyone, I am new to UiPath. I want to try getting alert email when there are error and exceptions occur in each run and the alert email should send to multiple recipients. How can I do that?

@Dalaboomba

Welcome to the community

If you want to send emails when an exception occurs in process then use a try catch around the process or the prt where you want to catch failure and send email and in catch block you can use send email…in the catch block exception.message will give the message. Also we can give multiple to email addresses as we need

Cheers

Thank you for your response. Sorry I didn’t make it clear, I want to do this in Orchestrator. Is there any way to do this?

Hi @Dalaboomba

You can create an asset with a name and pass all the email Ids like below way

abc@gmail.com;pqr@gmail.com;xyz@gmail.com

Hope it helps

I don’t think there is anyway to do that directly in orchestrator, the job alerts are not part of email alerts in orchestrator:

I think you will need to handle this directly in the code of the automations, like using a Try Catch to catch the exception and send email before throw the exception:

Attached sample for a simple exception handler :slight_smile:
Send_Email_When_Exception.zip (2.9 KB)

@Dalaboomba

I am afraid there is no alert system for this…only the try catch route would work

Cheers

oh :hushed: Ok, Thank you. But then what is the email alert in orchestrator mainly used for? Like what does it alert you to?

Email alerts in orchestrator can be used only for those options:

To explore the options you can access notification preferences: clicking in the notification icon and accessing the preferences in the engine icon

In addition to the alerts options highlighted above, Orchestator also has an alert system (we are in the process of unifying the two systems).

One of those alerts is “Job faulted”. You can configure any number of Orchestrator users to be subscribed to this alert, and they will receive an email when that happens.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.