How to Remove Duplicate Row If the Value from two Columns matched

I have this datatable with 8 columns. Column 1 is ID(Unique) and Column 6 is Name.
For all the values in the table. I want to Check if the row value of Column 1 and Column 6, is the same with any row in the table. If Yes, remove all duplicates. I tried using Remove Duplicate rows activity, but then some rows that have the same value in Column 1 and 6, has a different value for Column 3.
I tried dt.DefaultView.ToTable(true, "ID","NAME") although this works, it also removed the other 6 columns.

Hi @Shinjid

Can you share sample Input and output screenshot

Regards
Gokul

Dup.xlsx (16.0 KB)
Take this as an example. The column “ID” and “Name” is what I’m trying to check for duplicate. I can’t use remove duplicate rows here as some columns(Date and Item) has a different value.

Hi @Shinjid ,

Do you want to eliminate just the duplicates or remove those entries which contain duplicates completely?

If its the former, then this ought to do the trick:

Dt_sampleData.AsEnumerable().GroupBy(Function(g) Tuple.Create(g("ID").ToString,g("Name").ToString)).Select(Function(s) Dt_sampleData.Clone.LoadDataRow(s.First().ItemArray,False)).CopyToDataTable()

And if its the former then this is the code that will help you out with that:

Dt_sampleData.AsEnumerable().GroupBy(Function(g) Tuple.Create(g("ID").ToString,g("Name").ToString)).Where(Function(w) w.Count=1).Select(Function(s) Dt_sampleData.Clone.LoadDataRow(s.First().ItemArray,False)).CopyToDataTable()

RemoveDuplicateRowsBasedOnColumns.xaml (6.8 KB)

Kind Regards,
Ashwin A.K

3 Likes

Thank you very much! This worked on mine. I used Dt_sampleData.AsEnumerable().GroupBy(Function(g) Tuple.Create(g("ID").ToString,g("Name").ToString)).Select(Function(s) Dt_sampleData.Clone.LoadDataRow(s.First().ItemArray,False)).CopyToDataTable()

As I only need the “ID” and “Name” for Comparison

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.