How to kill EXCEL application sub-processes via specific name?

Hi,

This is urgent. I need your assistance in figuring out, how do I kill Excel sub-processes by their specific name? E.g. Microsoft Excel - {title} I am referring to the specific name of each Excel process running, not just the Excel process itself. Thank you.

Regards,
Eric

Please refer the following thread posted today itself. You might customized your solution based on the following thread.

hey @ericsim

Check the attached sample and let me know:

kill EXCEL application sub-processes via specific name.xaml (7.9 KB)

Regards,!!
Aksh

Hi aksh1yadav,

The process kills all Excel application instead of the process name I have chosen to kill even though I specified the Excel file name that I want to kill the process.

Regards,
Eric

Will you show how you are doing? at my end it works on my system pretty well mate :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hi aksh1yadav,

I am using the same workflow you have sent to do some testing. For example, I have 2 Excel application files opened, one of it would be saved as test1 and the other saved as book1. It will kill both of these applications instead even after I specify that I would like to kill only the test1 Excel application.

I am using the latest version of Microsoft Excel (Office 365).

Regards,
Eric

Strange at my end it is only closing the file i have specified :slight_smile:
in my case i was having two files test1.xlsx and iris_training.xlsx open and it closed the test1 only :slight_smile:

Regards…!!
Aksh

Hi aksh1yadav,

Perhaps I will test it on another machine and get back to you when I have done so. Thank you for your help. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Eric