How to handle un expected pop ups and continue the execution with out any issues - Recovery Scenarios

How to handle un expected pop ups and continue the execution with out any issues - Recovery Scenarios

Use Case Description

Our Ecomm application deals with the promotional popups and Medallia Survey which are un predictable in nature , can any one let me know how to handle this pop ups and continue the execution with out increasing the execution time. This info on this use case will be of a great help to us to go further

AS-IS WORKFLOW, TO-BE WORKFLOW

-

Other information about the use case

Industry categories for this use case: Other Sector

Skill level required: Beginners

UiPath Products that were used: UiPath Studio, UiPath Orchestrator

Other applications that were used: SAP , HYBRIS , DOM

Other resources: -

What is the top ROI driver for this use case?: Accelerate growth and operational efficiency

How unexpected and what kind of pop-ups are we talking?

Most popups are annoying and make websites harder to use for humans, but in my experience they don’t make much difference for UI Interaction workflows when robust selectors are used. If you’re using CV or interactions that rely on visible elements then I can see where issues would start to arise.

If you believe you can handle the pop-ups, then you could chuck the main activity in a parallel, and run a trigger activity alongside which handles any expected (unexpected) popups, or use the Global Exception Handler and build in a pop-up handling mechanism there.

Depending on how pop-ups are screwing up your automation, you could try using Continue On Error.

Hope that gives you some leads

Sridhar, this is an excellent question as the error handling in UiPath allows for a lot of room for creativity. When these popups occur during the automation there are a few things I’d suggest testing out. One, you can wrap the activity where the popups are likely to occur in a try catch. In the Try, it will run the regular part of the automation, however if there is a catch, you can assign a value to a variable. (I’d do this sine UiPath only allows one Try option) Then you can set the Try to continue on error and use an If statement to check if the variable you created was populated, if so you can then try the action that gets rid of the popup (Whether that’s closing out the popup or reloading the page). This should allow your automation to handle the issues, however the results may vary depending on more variables. I’d say try it out, it may be a bit more tedious, but not as tedious as trying something different to combat each popup. This would depend heavily on if the popups usually occur on the same page and have a similar method for closing them out.