How can I copy name, email and phone number from Excel into outlook contact?

I have data in Excel and I want to copy this data to outlook and creat new contacts,
for example:
EXCEL DATA: Name: Meital, Phone number: 1234, Email: meital@gmail…
And to copy this data and create new contact in outlook

1 Like

Hi @meitalh,

Welcome to the community!

Do you want to add contacts to the account that is set on your own machine?

If so, this video by @balupad14 can help you: Uipath outlook add ! new contact | outlook get contacts | outlook add | new note | get notes - YouTube

Then, you just need to use a Read Range activity to read your excel file and a For Each Row activity. Inside of the for each row, you will do just like the video… prepare the OutlookNewContact and use the New Contact activity.

If this solves your problem, kindly mark this post as solution to close this topic.

If you need extra help and/or have any question, please let me know :slight_smile:

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you!
Actually the video didnt help,
I have data of contacts on Excel, and I want to create new contacts on outlook using this data.

for example:

Email Name
meital@gamil.com Meital

and I want to use this data and take the name amd email and create a contact in outlook

can you help me? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @meitalh,

Please, take a look at the attached file.

Main.xaml (9.0 KB)

You must create a folder named “Data” in your project folder, and inside of it an excel file named “Contacts”. Just like this:

If this solves your problem, kindly mark this post as solution to close this topic.

If you need extra help and/or have any question, please let me know :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Maybe you can help me? I dont understand the error

1 Like

Hi @meitalh,

Sure…

In this first line of the Multiple assign, you need to replace that meitah1994@outlook.com by the column name that contains the Email in your excel file.

In my case, the column name in the excel file is Email. So it must be like this:

new OutlookNewContact(row("Email").toString)

If you renamed the column to, let’s say אימייל

So, in this case, it must be like this:

new OutlookNewContact(row("אימייל").toString)

Did you get it?

1 Like

Yes great!! thank you

Now… what if Im allow to use only the following functions for these task:
Use Application/Browser, Click, Keyboard Shortcuts, Type Into, Get Text, Get From Clipboard, If, Assign, Excel Application Scope, Read Cell, Invoke VBA…

and in the end I also need to search every contact on google.

2 Likes

Hi @meitalh,

Click on Manage Packages

Go to All Packages tab and search for BalaReva.EasyOutlook.Activities and install it. Then, you will be able to see that activity

What do you mean by search every contact on Google?

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

I need to open google and search by full name every contact, how to do that?

And another question… how can I compare between 2 cells? I need to compare between D and E by “If” function… and if they match, I need to add a job title in outlook to the contact.

1 Like

1 Like

Hi @meitalh,

So the order of the steps would be:

1. Add the contact to Outlook
  2. Search in Google Contacts
  3. Edit the contact to insert the Title information

Could I change to the order below?

1. Search in Google Contacts
  2. Add the contact (with the Title information, then I don’t need to edit it)
1 Like

Yes that could be great!!

1. Search in Google Contacts
  2. Add the contact (with the Title information, then I don’t need to edit it)
1 Like

Great!

By the end of the day I’ll send you a new version :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much Gustavo

1 Like

Hello again @meitalh,

Please, take a look at the attached file

Main.xaml (26.7 KB)

Important notes:

1 - I used Google Chrome as browser, so if you want to use it too… make sure you have the extension installed and it is enabled (Extension for Chrome)

2 - My Google account language is set to Portuguese. This will cause errors if you are using a different language (I believe this is your case as you probably use Hebrew or English). So, you must fix the selectors where you find Portuguese text (according to Google Contacts webpage. I mean, it is not just translate)

3 - That activity of creating contact in Outlook does not give the option to inform the Job Title, so I used the field Company. @balupad14, any chance to update your dependence and include JobTitle in the OutlookNewContact class? @meitalh, if we don`t have a response from him, the contact will have to be created and later edited through the UI.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @meitalh,

If the solution provided by @gustavo.cervelin works for you please mark it as solution so that thread can be closed !!

Thanks

1 Like

You helped me a lot, thank you very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

My pleasure @meitalh :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.