Help! Click Copy To Clipboard: Expression Activity type 'VisualBasicValue`1' requires compilation in order to run. Please ensure that the workflow has been compiled

Hi - please help with an issue I am having creating a dynamic selector.

I am using a website that contains a clipboard icon but has many clipboard icons on screen and therefore a general selector will fail given there are multiple options. I therefore need a Strict Selector but for it to be dynamic usings the idx to select the correct one. I have created a strict selector :

When I run this I get the following error once the workflow gets to that stage. It does not throw an error on compiling.

The error message is : Click Copy To Clipboard: Expression Activity type ‘VisualBasicValue`1’ requires compilation in order to run. Please ensure that the workflow has been compiled.

It’s worth noting that I have confirmed the variable idx variable is correct at the time of this part of the workflow coming in to play. If I replace the variable with the number 8 the workflow runs as expected for that particular part of the process and selects the correct icon.

I have used the Analyze Project and nothing relevant is highlighted.

Has someone seen this before? Other topics asking about this error do not solve the issue.

Thanks, Mark

@Mark007

Could it be the issue stems from the idx variable data type? When you replace it with 8, do you type in numeric 8 or or string "8"?

Thanks

Can you check if any of your dependencies or page is marked as Red after you compile your process in the Project Panel

Hi,

It may be double quote matter. In windows project, it’s caused by double quote except " (0x22)
Can you try to replace all double quote with "
(Please copy and paste the above if needed)

Regards,

Good suggestion, but I have tried to convert the Int32 to a String in advance and it doesn’t remove the error.

You’ve got it! Thanks so much!

Mark

1 Like

Thanks again for your help.

I now have the workflow running in attended and unattended modes. Annoying though I’ve just attempted to run it unattended for the second time after leaving my computer for about 10 minutes, screen will be off but laptop is NOT in sleep.

I get this error immediately on attempting to run the process -

Set To Clipboard: One or more errors occurred. (Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.) (Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.) (Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.)

Any ideas while it’s failing? Is it to do with the screen not being on?

Thanks

Mark

Hi,

If your machine is locked, clipboard cannot be used because of security matter.

Regards,

Ah ok. That’s really unfortunate but good to know!

Thanks, Mark

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.