Go through every folder and copy each file name into a excel list

Ok, then you will need to share the sheet with one or 2 entries.
Im assuming you are using the same sequence i shared.

For Try.xlsx (14.2 KB)
This is the short version of the table.

Ok by looking at your xls i see the name of your column is NM1. Update the activity for LookupDataTable like below:

Many thanks!

Now I have an another problem:

Could be due to busy process holding the excel.
Close the excel and then try again.

I tried like everything and I don´t know why this error comes:

The reasons could be obvious.
However you can try one thing if all your excel instances is that in the task manager check if any excel process are running. You kill these processes and then try.

I closed with the task manager every application in exception UiPath but still got the error.

I see in the path that the file does not have any extension. I believe that is only the path of the file and not the actual file. Can you re-point your scope to the file you are trying to access?

Yeah i found the mistake.
How can I copy the founded file into a different destination?
Like it opens my excel sheet gets the first entry, searches it in the different files… if it finds it it should copy the hole file into a different folder?

I have already added that in the xaml that i shared earlier
You need to use Move File activity.

What if I want to move the file to a cloud. So I can use the open browser application and also log me in. But how do I do it that my/your robot creates a new folder with the which is stated in the excel sheet and saves the found file in the clouds folder?

1 Like

Well its should be a simple process.
Effective way to do it:

1. Once you have read the file and other inputs-> Login to your web page - Can be a separate workflow which has the login process
  2. Once you find a file you can then perform the action that creates the older, in the name it types in the current loop item name and hits creates.
    Then it performs the actions to upload the file (this is also the current loop item) which you can type in the upload page and the submits.
  3. The process can repeat and once you are out of the loop you can simply log out of your web app.

You can build using this logic and it should work.

How can I recall the first entry of my excel sheet?
I can´t find any variable for it.

In my sequence it will be name.
However the logic is to search the file name in the excel sheet and if its there then move that file. So if its there it would mean that there is one entry matching the filename in the folder that the loop is currently in.

But name gives me the hole name of the file back. I just want the string from the excel sheet back.

It should give me the string back which looks in the folders for the file name.

What you can do is create a string variable and then in the lookupdatatable add it here.
You can use that variable for the string that you want.

I just get an empty entry back.

One more thing is required.
Add the Target Column Property . It will take the same Column value, Something like NamesdT.Columns.Item(“NM1”)

and move your message box inside the if condition where the item is found so that you dont get blank pop-ups