Getting the runtime error

Hi, I am getting this error, can you please tell me what is this error.

@Palaniyappan @HareeshMR

1 Like

As the error states, you are passing a null value in the activity @balkishan,

Can you check using a message box before the activity?

And post the activity screenshot where you are getting error :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for the reply, see this yellow marked activity successfully executed, after this activity it thrown this error,

Oh, Decision is giving you the error @balkishan,

Please do post the thing you are trying to assign in the decision flow and again the same, please post the same thing in a message box before decision activity :slight_smile:

1 Like

this is the value I have assigned in the message box.

Yeah, Perfect. Are you sure the robotType value is having some value before passing to decision activity @balkishan?

1 Like

Yes, I gave the message box.

1 Like

Hi
Hope you are doing good
—fine the error is all about the variable that is been passed to the activity that is its has null value or no value in it
—as this message box don’t show any value can we check whether value is passed to the variable associated with this activity
Cheers @balkishan

1 Like

Hi @Palaniyappan I am doing good bro, hope you also!

Yes I set the value bro.

1 Like

Actually we are facing this error In a place where Boolean value is validated that’s what the erro actually depicts
Visualbasicvalue

So either we need to assign that variable used in Boolean validation either in if condition. Or flow decision
That is we need to check with the value of robottype

So assign it with some default value in the variable panel if there is a chance like it won’t get assigned with a value in the initial stage or if it’s getting assigned we won’t face this issue

Cheers @balkishan

1 Like

It is not retrieving the value @balkishan. That is the issue. Even the message box is giving you the same error because you are passing a null value. Can you check only with Get Asset activity in a seperate workflow and then try it in the main workflow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kindly check once with the asset name in the orchestrator
—like make sure that orchestrator is connected
—if connected whether the asset name is mentioned correctly
—if it’s mentioned correctly make sure that the output variable is with global scope in the variable panel

Cheers @balkishan

1 Like

Issue with the point number 3rd.
Thanks resolved @HareeshMR @Palaniyappan

1 Like

Great
Cheers @balkishan

Great going bro @balkishan

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.