Geting error Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

Hi Community,

I am trying to get file from sharepoint using Sharepoint activities from marketplace. I am using Sharepoint App-Only for authentication. But I am getting error “Access Denied”. I have setup sharepoint as mentioned in Marketplace overview link. I am using Client ID and Client Secret to authenticate in Sharepoint scope activity.

Please help in resolving this issue.

@radu_bucur , @loginerror Please assist in this error. If you are not the right person for this question , please feel free to tag someone who can help.

Hi @JDoshi,

Can you please check this video for issues regarding UiPath and SharePoint integration.

That video does not involve UiPathTeam.Sharepoint.Activities. It uses Microsoft.Office365.Activities. In our organization we do not have access to azure subscription thats the reason, I am using option to create App-Only access by creating Client ID and Client Secret in Sharepoint.

Hello @JDoshi ,

Could you please recheck whether you have been given Full access in the app. Else please check your permissions to the underlying data source.

I have set access to FullControl in Sharepoint as well while creating App-principal.

<AppPermissionRequests AllowAppOnlyPolicy="true">
<AppPermissionRequest Scope="http://sharepoint/content/sitecollection/web" Right="FullControl"/>
</AppPermissionRequests>

What could be considered as underlying data source?

Hi @JDoshi

Could you please try to use the PS Command here and let me know if you can get that to work Granting access using SharePoint App-Only | Microsoft Learn .

Perhaps this will help identify if this is either a setup issue or an activity or PNP bug

Also, I see a few other people struggling with this when using App Only login with SharePoint (without the activities) and for them it seems to be a cypher issue, this might help if you have an OnPrem SharePoint instance: SharePoint Add-In - Failure to acquire App-Only token - Microsoft Q&A